New Everton Stadium Discussion

I haven't read it but isn't it likely given the author that they're on a fishing trip?

Possible that they are on the wind up for both us and the RS, as he used the words 'smart architecture' to describe it. Got to be tongue in cheek right there!

I doubt people have half a clue what they write about nowadays, that is why we are in such a poor state as a country.

Dan is definitely a blue

Attachments

• DD1DDFA5-5432-4234-BC8B-B2DF14E1B62C.jpeg
    DD1DDFA5-5432-4234-BC8B-B2DF14E1B62C.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 268
I've got a cousin whose ashes were spread on Goodison years ago. Although, I know none of them are still likely to be on the pitch I still wonder what the club's plans are regarding this issue? Might it be an idea to dig up the final pitch at GP, turn it to dust and bring it to BMD and put it in the part of the dock not filled in (between the ground and the multi-storey car park)? Somehow, if the area where the pitch is at GP is to be turned into housing or a kids' play area, it just doesn't seem fitting to me. What do others think?

Last edited:

I've got a cousin whose ashes were spread on Goodison years ago. Although, I know none of them are still likely to be on the pitch I still wonder what the club's plans are regarding this issue? Might it be an idea to dig up the final pitch at GP, turn it to dust and bring it to BMD and put it in the part of the dock not filled in (between the ground and the multi-storey car park)? Somehow, if the area where the pitch is at GP is to be turned housing or a kids' play area, it just doesn't seem fitting to me. What do others think?

They were scattered where they wanted to be, at Goodison. BM would hold zero memories to them to even think about it and like you say the pitch is ripped up regularly anyhow so I doubt there would be anything to transfer.

I've got a cousin whose ashes were spread on Goodison years ago. Although, I know none of them are still likely to be on the pitch I still wonder what the club's plans are regarding this issue? Might it be an idea to dig up the final pitch at GP, turn it to dust and bring it to BMD and put it in the part of the dock not filled in (between the ground and the multi-storey car park)? Somehow, if the area where the pitch is at GP is to be turned into housing or a kids' play area, it just doesn't seem fitting to me. What do others think?

Are the plaques even still there?

I seen that but from the outside it looks like the roof wraps over the gaps

I'd be very surprised if there were gaps like that without glass covering them as the fans would be wide open to the elements

Edit : went on the app and when you go on the upper tiers you can see it looks like some kind of see through wrap around. Deffo doesn't look open to the elements though.

Correct, see the image below from meis' instagram showing the roof wrapping... I think the VR images are just misleading.

I believe the club and ourselves should stop promoting the idea of a 62,000 potential capacity.

This is based on achieving 1:2 per seat safe standing, which i can never see happening, that stadium forum shown how it's quite far fetched with regards to adding additional steps.

There's plenty of space behind the stand which faces the wall and roads etc, why not make that expandable?

I believe the club and ourselves should stop promoting the idea of a 62,000 potential capacity.

This is based on achieving 1:2 per seat safe standing, which i can never see happening, that stadium forum shown how it's quite far fetched with regards to adding additional steps.

There's plenty of space behind the stand which faces the wall and roads etc, why not make that expandable?
It actually said “subject to future planning permission” which to me implies more than just safe standing?

You mean this, if so I agree, they need to ditch it, its 52k pure and simple
UOtFYgE.jpg

I dont think there will be. Dont these guys build models and test them in wind machines to see the effect? Get a strong wind coming in off the sea and if its built wrong they could make a vortex which knocks fans off there feet and takes the roof off.

They don't build a physical model to test these things as its difficult to replicate thee scale.They use the digital model to do it within flow dynamic & analysis software. They'll also be using weather station data to populate the correct fields, and likely designing for a 1 in 50 year storm.

They don't build a physical model to test these things as its difficult to replicate thee scale.They use the digital model to do it within flow dynamic & analysis software. They'll also be using weather station data to populate the correct fields, and likely designing for a 1 in 50 year storm.
Right I see, you mean in the same way i heard they build in San Fransico buildings that can withstand the big earthquake they fear they will get one day on that fault...etc that kind of thing.

Right I see, you mean in the same way i heard they build in San Fransico buildings that can withstand the big earthquake they fear they will get one day on that fault...etc that kind of thing.
Hope they have factored earthquakes data in - already feeling tremors from Kopite heads falling off. Richter scale being tested fully the day we move in!