New Everton Stadium Discussion

Looks really good on the outside.
Hope its not all plastic and concrete and 'spacious' on the inside,
Want that huddled together feel and natural looking elements to it.

Maybe they use bricks for the steps between seating.
And wooden handrails
I'm certainly going to miss the low-hanging roof of the Lower Gwladys and the terrific noise and atmosphere it makes! It's also much warmer in the winter.

anybody been reading the reviews of the pics?

Whilst Meis is still in town, he needs to knock up a roof on that Liverpool one shopping mall.

Torrential rain and gale force winds for 362 days of the year, and they thought it was kosher to have it open to the elements.
Nope. Enclosed shopping centres are dated and close off city centres. The Liverpool One links the city to the docks really well. That's why it's won awards.

Some interesting views on there

A poster on there has a good point about the gaps to be fair which I hadn't even noticed, really hope that there aren't any open gaps like this ...

20190729_222410.jpg

A poster on there has a good point about the gaps to be fair which I hadn't even noticed, really hope that there aren't any open gaps like this ...

View attachment 63672

I seen that but from the outside it looks like the roof wraps over the gaps

I'd be very surprised if there were gaps like that without glass covering them as the fans would be wide open to the elements

Edit : went on the app and when you go on the upper tiers you can see it looks like some kind of see through wrap around. Deffo doesn't look open to the elements though.

Make some good points.

The open air gaps between roof and stand are concerning.

See my post above Phil, or go on the stadium app, I don't think there will be gaps.
I dont think there will be. Dont these guys build models and test them in wind machines to see the effect? Get a strong wind coming in off the sea and if its built wrong they could make a vortex which knocks fans off there feet and takes the roof off.

Is that water we can see on the images outside the South Stand Nelson Dock? If it is what plans are going there, apartments or big buildings would be rubbish

Have a walk round in inclement weather, rain down the back of your neck, not nice.

:rant:

each raindrop forms a link in a chain that unites the visitor with Liverpool's maritime past. The more rain falls down the neck, the more closely drawn in to the tale of the city, as one becomes a living embodiment of the nautical heritage of dock and ocean beyond.

This is a highlight:

"Yes, Goodison Park is surrounded on three sides by terraced houses (and a church and a school), but keep in mind that Liverpool not so long ago made the case that they had option but to leave Anfield. They then found a way, using smart architecture, to redevelop, ensuring that they stay put."

Yes let's use the RS modus operandi to destroy communities to fit their needs. And if we had of done that there would be plenty of articles saying why couldn't we have built elsewhere.

The rest of it can be summed up as Everton should be happy with their lot and not try and get into the big 6 with all the established teams, like Spurs and City did weren't there a decade ago.

I haven't read it but isn't it likely given the author that they're on a fishing trip?