New Everton Stadium Discussion

12 days to go lads...

I see the RS are calling for a train link to Anfield for when they further increase capacity/concerts.

I'll be massively disappointed if we don't muscle in on the concerts in the city as BMD would be much nicer for people to attend but you just know our bumbling board wont capitalise on it.

12 days to go lads...

I see the RS are calling for a train link to Anfield for when they further increase capacity/concerts.

I'll be massively disappointed if we don't muscle in on the concerts in the city as BMD would be much nicer for people to attend but you just know our bumbling board wont capitalise on it.
i think the days of the big stadium gigs are over,theres no big bands coming through anymore that can fill them.
the next generation of rock/pop stars come from reality tv and all the big names now are in their 50s 60s 70s.
look at the washed up rock stars that played at analfield,maybe pinks the exception and shes no spring chicken.
take into account the competition from Manchester as well!

Don't forget the great big car park getting slapped in front of it on the river side

lol

Let's say it does have a two story car park river side, how would you feel about that?

I'm not ITK and I definitely haven't seen a leaked PDF basically showing this, just curious on your thoughts.

Let's say it does have a two story car park river side, how would you feel about that?

I'm not ITK and I definitely haven't seen a leaked PDF basically showing this, just curious on your thoughts.
I'd be 'kin livid tbh.
Once in a lifetime opportunity for the club to add an iconic stadium to an iconic skyline. Completely wasted if you lash anything in front of it (river side).

Be like buying yourself a Van Gogh and hanging it behind a blanket.

Couldn’t this supposed two story car park be underground? Ground floor and then one below the level of the docks?

I can’t imagine meis would be stupid enough to block his own work with a carpark

I'd be 'kin livid tbh.
Once in a lifetime opportunity for the club to add an iconic stadium to an iconic skyline. Completely wasted if you lash anything in front of it (river side).

Be like buying yourself a Van Gogh and hanging it behind a blanket.

That was my initial reaction to be fair, but upon the realisation that it's a part of the project, and will be designed to look good on the eye with the same features architecturally as the stadium, I'm all for it.

It will protect the fans from the elements going in the stadium - and may even have extra facilities in the structure, i.e.: roof top restaurants.