New Everton Stadium Discussion

Couldn’t this supposed two story car park be underground? Ground floor and then one below the level of the docks?

I can’t imagine meis would be stupid enough to block his own work with a carpark

I thought it would just be the top level at ground level too but it appears it goes at least one up. At the end of the day Meis will do what his employers ask of him and the car park has to go somewhere and unfortunately it looks like it won't just be under the stadium as per a lot of grounds. Like @GwladysPhil says it a one/two storey building will not block out the rest of it.

I thought it would just be the top level at ground level too but it appears it goes at least one up. At the end of the day Meis will do what his employers ask of him and the car park has to go somewhere and unfortunately it looks like it won't just be under the stadium as per a lot of grounds. Like @GwladysPhil says it a one/two storey building will not block out the rest of it.
The initial plans where for 700 cars, this has now been reduced but I dont know by how many

12 days to go lads...

I see the RS are calling for a train link to Anfield for when they further increase capacity/concerts.

I'll be massively disappointed if we don't muscle in on the concerts in the city as BMD would be much nicer for people to attend but you just know our bumbling board wont capitalise on it.
Was one of the reasons I favoured a roof on the stadium initially. The principality stadium in Cardiff gets regularly used but it isn’t as accessible as Liverpool.

They would be fools not to.

Hence the 52k.

Cos once those prices go up, LOADS wont be able to go.
Flies in the face of the recent years of "affordable ticket pricing" policies don't you think ?

Let's build a shiny new stadium with a bigger capacity and then price the tickets over what most might be reasonably be able to afford... to justify the claims we couldn't fill 60,000 ???

When the case has clearly been made for 60,000 with massively increased numbers of "premium priced" corporate seating that could enable continuation of the admirable "affordable ticket pricing" policies albeit with moderate increases.

The stadium will dwarf it.

Kind of but it’s still going to disrupt the main view of the stadium. All we’ve heard from the club is an iconic waterfront stadium that will look incredible from the river. Doesn’t matter how small this car park looks, it’s what people will see first.

If there is a carpark then like you say it’ll have to really tie in to the rest of the stadium

Yeah that’s what I imagined the car park would be like. I get it has to go somewhere and wherever it goes it’ll block some bit of the stadium, just unsure about that side being the main selling point of the whole waterfront move

BMD will be a millstone, with the groundworks alone it'll come in at vastly more than the sums stated, the accounts at the moment don't justify the outlay whatever the long term payments. Playing in a nice new 'iconic' stadium will be nice in the second division, but don't worry, it won't be happening.

Sides are splitting, you're so funny, you must be at least 9 years old.

The new stadium at worst will be cost neutral. With the income generated by an extra 13-15k in the ground, naming rights, more opportunities to be used on non-match days, improved hospitality, a better ratio of season tickets to walk ups and the expected price rises however small they might be it is still more coin per ticket.

If they can keep the repayments to around 30M a year there is no reason why it would be a millstone. We may not make millions extra to be able to spend on players but the pull of the new stadium will help the profile of the club, attract better players who can see we are going places which in turn brings in sponsors and fans and thus revenue in one big virtuous cycle.

The executive boxes will be just as big for extra income as the extra 12-15k seats.

You know what though, who cares about them. Except for a few weirdos that are sad enough to Wum an Everton forum, most Kopites are happy in their revered Anfield, challenging titles and winning the Champions League.

Let's not take some kind of small victory from an idea of having a lovely mew Stadium at BMD when we're miles away from that and from competing at their level for honours.

Assuming we have any kind of superiority, or high ground at this stage is a bit insular, and laughable.

Wait, what? @radiostar liked this post, well I never.

True with the Exec Boxes & Premium seats but even if you assume 30 boxes & 6500 ‘exec’ seats them as implied on the leaked Buro Happold drawings fully sold at a 50% price premium to Goodison we still need to double regular fan seat income from only roughly 7000 extra non-premium seats (fewer than 20% extra to what we have) implying 75% average price rises if we are to finance borrowing costs just from match revenues...which I cannot see happening.

You can tweak this with clever financing models and by assuming lots of new non-match day income sources but (as a qualified accountant with 30+ years commercial experience) the only way this stadium is anything significantly better than break even over next 20+ years is if helps support a much higher profile & big growth in sponsorship. If you can get that early, spend any initial sponsor gain well, improve on pitch fortunes then we might get a virtuous circle of revenue driving success driving revenue...but that is quite a low probability outcome in such a competitive league and with such a big funding gap to top 6.

I still believe for the long-term health of the club this is a calculated risk worth pursuing as Goodison cannot be pimped forever but we need to have realistic expectations. A 52k stadium no matter how good is more likely to reinforce mid-tier status than close the gap to the top.

12 days to go lads...

I see the RS are calling for a train link to Anfield for when they further increase capacity/concerts.

I'll be massively disappointed if we don't muscle in on the concerts in the city as BMD would be much nicer for people to attend but you just know our bumbling board wont capitalise on it.

direct train route from speke airport to the pit to transport their season ticket holders.

You know what though, who cares about them. Except for a few weirdos that are sad enough to Wum an Everton forum, most Kopites are happy in their revered Anfield, challenging titles and winning the Champions League.

Let's not take some kind of small victory from an idea of having a lovely mew Stadium at BMD when we're miles away from that and from competing at their level for honours.

Assuming we have any kind of superiority, or high ground at this stage is a bit insular, and laughable.

Nothing's really happened yet. Wait until you see their reaction to this once it's all getting going, the hype around it explodes and the images are out. Loads of them genuinely still believe it won't get built.