New Everton Stadium Discussion

Anyone else reading into the MEIS wave retweet on insta?

Be interesting if the brick was the dock and the wave glass consuming the stadium.

Think it would look amazeballs on the seafront.

Only pic I could find similar to what’s in my head. Ideally it would be more chaotic than these smooth lines in the first pic below.

525EB7D0-349A-48A2-8B7E-9299CEBB3602.jpeg

CD886E0A-388F-49F8-8213-96DF5821A0AB.jpeg

One of the early ideas for another stadium he was designing looked like this.
CF84E032-AF65-4234-8B02-73494F6DD39C.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else reading into the MEIS wave retweet on insta?

Be interesting if the brick was the dock and the wave glass consuming the stadium.

Think it would look amazeballs on the seafront.

Only pic I could find similar to what’s in my head. Ideally it would be more chaotic than these smooth lines in the first pic below.

View attachment 62482
View attachment 62483

I really hope we do use glass on the exterior and have some blue lighting like the Allianz but in Blue.

I think Blue Wave might refer to a steep side like the Yellow Wall at Dortmund?

I really hope we do use glass on the exterior and have some blue lighting like the Allianz but in Blue.

I think Blue Wave might refer to a steep side like the Yellow Wall at Dortmund?

Wouldn’t half be a moody design to use, I can’t find a building like it. Just connecting the dots and appreciate I may be well off course, but it’s been said it would look unique.

Meis has also provided insight to the board to increase and take ownership of integrating a better atmosphere/match day impact within the design - but let’s be honest, it’s got to look the part.

Excited to see what he’s come up with, would love us to have a moody new ground encased in a wave keeping fans comfortable from the elements and creating the space to keep the atmosphere locked in.

BMD will be a millstone, with the groundworks alone it'll come in at vastly more than the sums stated, the accounts at the moment don't justify the outlay whatever the long term payments. Playing in a nice new 'iconic' stadium will be nice in the second division, but don't worry, it won't be happening.

Hahahaha.....it’s really getting to you isn’t it......

The smell of kopites in this thread is all the proof that's needed.
They are worried to say the least.
Can you just imagine their smugness if THEY were just about to release design details of a brand new stadium on he waterfront? but they aren't are they? we are!
Hey lurkers! what's it like to be stuck in a seedy suburb?

The city is ours. Keep derelicting neighbourhoods. The city is ours.

The wave is a reference to the roof line (or so I'm told by a person I trust)

Not a fan of the name "wave", won't suit the intimidating steep straight stand it's touted as.

more suiting of spurs or Marseille with their curved friendly looking stands.

If we're not imaginative enough to come up with something like the yellow wall, then The Everton end will do for me now.

BMD will be a millstone, with the groundworks alone it'll come in at vastly more than the sums stated, the accounts at the moment don't justify the outlay whatever the long term payments. Playing in a nice new 'iconic' stadium will be nice in the second division, but don't worry, it won't be happening.
Bet You’re a scream at parties aintcha?

Proper barrel of laughter, you...

Not a fan of the name "wave", won't suit the intimidating steep straight stand it's touted as.

more suiting of spurs or Marseille with their curved friendly looking stands.

If we're not imaginative enough to come up with something like the yellow wall, then The Everton end will do for me now.
Good point . ‘Blue Wave’ is suggestive of everybody good naturedly greeting all and sundry or even worse the dreaded inane Mexican Wave.
I searched for some alternatives for your consideration;-
Blue Tsunami.
Blue Storm Surge.
Blue Breaker.
Blue Roller.
Blue Tide.
Blue Flood.
Blue Torrent.
Blue Deluge.
Just some options for your perusal

Good point . ‘Blue Wave’ is suggestive of everybody good naturedly greeting all and sundry or even worse the dreaded inane Mexican Wave.
I searched for some alternatives for your consideration;-
Blue Tsunami.
Blue Storm Surge.
Blue Breaker.
Blue Roller.
Blue Tide.
Blue Flood.
Blue Torrent.
Blue Deluge.
Just some options for your perusal

Exactly and it's a forced name, need something with a bit of spice.

Not a fan of any of them either, but it's better than what I can think of.

Maybe see what it's like when it's in full force, with the blue siren and the roar.