Atmosphere at home games........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you go to the cinema anticipating a movie you've been looking forward to, and you start watching it and quickly realise it's terrible - would you continue to watch riveted with full attention or would you be disappointed and get increasingly annoyed by it?

That's the issue - if the movie isn't going to give you something to get invested in, then it's obviously going to be difficult to invest in it.

Same with Everton - the onus is for the action on the pitch to give you something to get into. Yesterday was different because it didn't require that because of the off the pitch importance, but for any given other game it has to be the team to lead the charge. Roaring on approval after 60 minutes of misplaced passes and no shots on goal is just illogical, it isn't going to happen - and rightly so.
Our input does get a reaction, so therefore we need to do more to create an atmosphere that helps lift our players and intimidates the opposition. Expecting yesterday every home game is pushing it, but there’s a happy medium somewhere between than and virtual silence, getting outsung by Fulham.

Anyone that was at the Bayern Munich game will tell you how much the crowd influences games.
The ground was actually creaking, Bayerns players didnt know what hit them.
Some others spring to mind The City 4-0 ( Pep physically shocked) Big games agst Arsenal , Manu 3-1 in 2010.
The 3-0 derby win and a good few others.

Big Joe named it "The Bear Pit" , he knew full well the value of a rocking Goodison.

Not a great performance yesterday , but the players responded to the crowd in buckets. Showing no fear or respect to them lot.
The crowd massively influences these games but the team has to do their bit too.

Some might say kopite behaviour , i'm not arsed what they say .
Give us an atmosphere like that any day.

No not really, if the movie gets better, your interest improves.

The fans are trained to act a certain way. We've went years with very little to cheer on - so going to Goodison feels like a chore where you expect them to be useless.

It's really not up to the fans to change that attitude, it's up to the club. Every other club has the same issue - even the famed "Liverpool atmosphere" is a myth; it is cult behaviour tradition before the game then complete silence unless the going is good during it.

It depends if their on the box (TV) - 'Look at me, aren't we great'

God I wish I was there yesterday. The atmosphere looked/sounded awesome.
It must have made the difference in the result. (that and the wind of course)

But that doesn't mean its the crowd atmosphere in the chicken and egg debate.

If the supporters knew the players would go out amped up for the battle and show that intensity at the start in every game,
then surely the atmosphere wouldn't be an issue.
Then the players need to show fight throughout and the crowd will respond, carry and lift them.

It would be false to create an atmosphere if the players aren't up for it.

Sure, the derby is always special. But if the players want to come out to that sort of atmosphere then they have to show what it means by what they do in previous matches.

Having said that, the siren and z cars to signal the commencement of battle, certainly does help.

Maybe the z cars should only be played (apart from the derby) upon returning to Goodison after an away victory.

Well done to "The Originals".A lot were in the ground early, the siren, banners and flags, with the occasion added up to a great atmosphere. We have a few"big" teams coming before the end of the season lets hope the banners and flags are still there and added too. Even the Upper Bullens was rocking....I am croaky today lets hope it continues

Also told the team that the Gladys St would suck the ball in the goal in the semi. But you get my point.
That's why I was slightly surprised that we didn't score on Sunday because it felt like one of those moments where the Street End would suck one in.

We weren't great in an attacking sense, yetr when it came to getting towards goals or corners etc it was intense. Love the ol' EVERTON with fingers pointing!

Anyone that was at the Bayern Munich game will tell you how much the crowd influences games.
The ground was actually creaking, Bayerns players didnt know what hit them.
Some others spring to mind The City 4-0 ( Pep physically shocked) Big games agst Arsenal , Manu 3-1 in 2010.
The 3-0 derby win and a good few others.

Big Joe named it "The Bear Pit" , he knew full well the value of a rocking Goodison.

Not a great performance yesterday , but the players responded to the crowd in buckets. Showing no fear or respect to them lot.
The crowd massively influences these games but the team has to do their bit too.

Some might say kopite behaviour , i'm not arsed what they say .
Give us an atmosphere like that any day.

I'm sorry, but you're not possibly referring to Bayern not knowing what hit them in regards to Anfield a few weeks ago, right?

The game in which a bad Bayern team came out with a draw on the road, controlled the game, and didn't give up a goal to the favorites propped up by the English and American media?

Lol Bayern couldn't give two bleeps about Anfield. The EPL is my favorite league to watch by far, but it doesn't so crap in Europe. Stop with the arrogance

And in the city game the bus was attacked. That's where you come off as wrong as you can ever be.

Silva stressed several times in the last couple days how important the Goodison crowd is. Perhaps it does have more of an effect on the players then we initially thought?

Meh... it was a guy trying to save his job. The guys getting millions shouldn't require people paying money to put in effort to cheer for them to get them to put in a shift.

I'll never accept this logic. Does it add to the environment and add to it aesthetically , of course. But the players have to play, if Silva is saying this nonsense to any players I'm done.

I'm sorry, but you're not possibly referring to Bayern not knowing what hit them in regards to Anfield a few weeks ago, right?

The game in which a bad Bayern team came out with a draw on the road, controlled the game, and didn't give up a goal to the favorites propped up by the English and American media?

Lol Bayern couldn't give two bleeps about Anfield. The EPL is my favorite league to watch by far, but it doesn't so crap in Europe. Stop with the arrogance

And in the city game the bus was attacked. That's where you come off as wrong as you can ever be.
Not sure you read that right.

Goodison Park April 1985
European Cup Winners Cup semi final.
Everton 3 Bayern Munich 1.

Everton 4 Man City 0
Goodison Park January 2017 EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.