New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
All very similar...moyes has had great years with us working on a limited budget, not too dissimilar to what dyche has done really in the last season and half. Howe is a talented manager for sure, but not sure he is miles ahead. On our current predicament, I take moyes/dyche all day before Howe. If we had money to spend to build a squad, Howe would get my vote on the other 2.
Embarrassing post. Moyes is streets ahead of Dyche and would have had us miles clear a lot earlier.

Looking at the players he has brought into West Ham he is leaving them in a far better place than he found them.

Dyche will plunge us in to the cycle of buying over the hill crap players who can then be used to say “well what else can he do with this squad”.

The long term damage that is being done in the name of surviving the easiest relegation battle the league has ever seen is pure vandalism.

Can’t argue with the points total we will finish on, but the football is so dour..

Regardless of any of that though, I don’t really like a manager going into a season when his contract is up at the end of it. (Dyche has a year left)

West Ham have definitely dropped off in the 2nd half of the season as the players know Moyes is off. Even across the park they have dropped their levels recently, and I’m not sure that happens if Klopp wasn’t leaving.

With that in mind, do we give a new contract to Dyche this summer? I can see a case either way tbh.
Let him finish the one he has first...18 months? 24months!

Leaving the contract to run down will just mean more noise all season and it will have an impact on the players and performances. There will be enough noise wothout SD getting asked every week if hes staying or going......1 year extension at least and he deserves more. The people who say no extension are the ones who hate him irrespective of what he has achieved.
If we still wish to remain ambitious we cannot extend him because he has no record of purchasing and if we are looking at new owners we cannot give contracts to people who new owners want.

If we still wish to remain ambitious we cannot extend him because he has no record of purchasing and if we are looking at new owners we cannot give contracts to people who new owners want.
We have a DOF that is responsible purchasing. Cant put decsions on hold forevever waitong for some mysterious new owner. Cant see anyone being in place before SD contract expires in June 2025. Faffed around with 777 for over a year.... even though it was clear to anyone who has half a brain cell they would never work. How long will we faff around with the next chancers for....life goes on and footballing decisions need to be made. Extending SD contract is 100% the right decision.

I don't see the need personally to renew.

He has a year left, there's no great risk of him being 'poached' I wouldn't have thought. Similar to Moyes at WHU this year, let's see how it goes next year in terms of both points and progression in terms of addressing goal scoring etc.

If he were poached or chose to leave then there are others who can do a similar job and would jump at the chance of Everton (especially in new stadium).
If West hams next appointment doesn't go well, a load of their fans wanted Dyche when it looked like Moyes was on the verge of losing his job when we had Lampard.

Embarrassing post. Moyes is streets ahead of Dyche and would have had us miles clear a lot earlier.

Looking at the players he has brought into West Ham he is leaving them in a far better place than he found them.

Dyche will plunge us in to the cycle of buying over the hill crap players who can then be used to say “well what else can he do with this squad”.

The long term damage that is being done in the name of surviving the easiest relegation battle the league has ever seen is pure vandalism.
Like Chermiti? There has been a grand total of 2 players purchased under his watch, the 19 year old Chermiti, and the 26 year old Beto.

I mean I think Moyes has done a fine job at West Ham but one thing doesnt make another true. And Moyes was allowed to spend 275 million over the past 2 seasons on new players.

How on earth would Moyes have had us miles clear alot earlier than Dyche?
Have you had any idea of Moye's budget compared to Dyche's budget at Burnley and Everton in the same time frame?
Dyche has already put us in a better position than when he found us.
Unless you havnt realised Everton don't have a pot to urinate in regarding player purchases since Dyche took charge.
Bit egg on face calling someone's post embarrassing then following it up with absolute drivel

No. Give him next season 100% but in no way should we be dishing out new contracts given the financial situation.

….the posters who think a new manager will get this squad of footballers playing like Man City;

IMG_9033.jpeg

I don't like the Manager Merry go round we seem to be stuck on & with that in mind, I'd like him to stay on, but if just survival every season is what we want, then I guess he might be the Man.
I think I suggested Big Ange before Lampard was appointed & whilst the jury might still be out for his PL credentials, at least we'd have an entertaining afternoon of Football. I'm especially curious as to what's gone down in the last 48 hours at Spurs too! :rolleyes:

Starts to talk new contract in summer but deliver to him in December. We will make another big changes in next season. If Dyche can make it success again, he deserves to stay more years.