Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missed penalty, missed chances all over the place, players having off days, outstanding opposition goalie performance.
When it eventually all clicks we will give someone a hiding, remember our freak show at Brighton last season?
I have got to believe this is going to happen, that was woeful yesterday and it's happening too many times.
Let us not forget we are capable of better, look at the run we had after they removed the 10 points.
We miss Gueye IMO, we are generally better when he's playing than when he's not, Garner is usually able but was posted missing yesterday.
There's a lot more to say about yesterday's performance but I think it's admirably been covered by others.
The bottom three would rather be where we are at the moment and for us surely things can only get better, let's hope so.

Missed penalty, missed chances all over the place, players having off days, outstanding opposition goalie performance.
When it eventually all clicks we will give someone a hiding, remember our freak show at Brighton last season?
I have got to believe this is going to happen, that was woeful yesterday and it's happening too many times.
Let us not forget we are capable of better, look at the run we had after they removed the 10 points.
We miss Gueye IMO, we are generally better when he's playing than when he's not, Garner is usually able but was posted missing yesterday.
There's a lot more to say about yesterday's performance but I think it's admirably been covered by others.
The bottom three would rather be where we are at the moment and for us surely things can only get better, let's hope so.
Keep trying to say this but is getting to the point now that how much longer can we keep saying it. We beed to see more belief from the players it will go in, so frustrated we badly need the olayers to step up

This is way too positive for this forum, you could’ve added a few boo’s to balance it out.

But I actually agree with you 👍

"I'm frustrated because we're doing good stuff - but you have to score a goal. The pressure is on us now to score goals."

Shame it is Dyche saying that.

What do they do in training?
If you watch the training videos before the last two games you will see DCL and Beto smashing every chance into the net! On match days it all falls to pieces.

What’s as annoying as our missed chances is yard dogs like Soucek slamming in half volleys in the top corner, fair enough if it had been Kudus or Paqueta, or Ayew smashing one in from 25 yards.
Similar to Branthwaite's strike last week, except he's not a yard dog, of course.

Post of the day

Is it really the managers fault that the team don’t score simple chances?

No one can say we did not have enough chances to win, yesterday and in other games this season. This does not indicate chanceless games or a pattern of play designed to draw.

All it says is our strikers are not good enough, so despite calls for earlier subs etc, the plan was clearly working, other than poor finishing.

The 1st pen of the 8 was took in Jan 2022 - Lewin clipped top of bar & over v Brighton at Goodison.
Townsend in Sep 2021 in a 2-0 home win v Norwich is last player to score a pen in a win for us. While Lewin in Aug 2021 away v Brighton (2-0) is last player to score away in a win