6 + 2 Point Deductions

From what I have read they are due to miss the barrier by 2 million. Therefore, that surly has to be called in and looked at in depth by the league. They could be tucking money where they know they can get away with it for their losses for example woman’s football. If it comes down to about 2 million quid then the premier league, like they did with us, need their accounts to look at it.

But, it’s not Everton and they will prob just takes Wolves’ word for it that it’s all okay.

What's the chat on the 2nd charge mate? I know a few thought we might be compliant before it came out so maybe we aren't over by loads?
No chat that I'm aware of - I wish I was!

All I can figure out from reading the report is that EFC must have recorded a loss of at least £40m in FY22-23.

After add-backs were added on, EFC lost £55m in 19-21 (averaged out), £10m in 21-22, so that equates to £65m over those two years, so essentially there was a £40m margin to play with for 22-23.

It sounds like a lot, especially since we made efforts on the playing side, but the USM/Megafon sponsorship of FF/Goodison/the women's team was supposedly (according to someone at the club) 'around £20m' - though that same person then told someone else it was closer to £30m!

I think they'll almost certainly look to use the USM/Megafon stuff as mitigation in this case. They only used the stadium naming rights deal in the 21-22 case, and I suspect that's because the money for the other sponsorships (FF etc) had been paid up front at the start of the year, so it was already accounted for by the time the sponsorship was suspended in March 2022. But, that's me guessing, and I have no idea if that would even be successful.

I fully expect another deduction, which is why results like yesterday are even more frustrating. But we'll see - perhaps we only are over by a few mil. But if that was the case I actually don't know if the PL would have called it in given all the hassle with the first charge.

No chat that I'm aware of - I wish I was!

All I can figure out from reading the report is that EFC must have recorded a loss of at least £40m in FY22-23.

After add-backs were added on, EFC lost £55m in 19-21 (averaged out), £10m in 21-22, so that equates to £65m over those two years, so essentially there was a £40m margin to play with for 22-23.

It sounds like a lot, especially since we made efforts on the playing side, but the USM/Megafon sponsorship of FF/Goodison/the women's team was supposedly (according to someone at the club) 'around £20m' - though that same person then told someone else it was closer to £30m!

I think they'll almost certainly look to use the USM/Megafon stuff as mitigation in this case. They only used the stadium naming rights deal in the 21-22 case, and I suspect that's because the money for the other sponsorships (FF etc) had been paid up front at the start of the year, so it was already accounted for by the time the sponsorship was suspended in March 2022. But, that's me guessing, and I have no idea if that would even be successful.

I fully expect another deduction, which is why results like yesterday are even more frustrating. But we'll see - perhaps we only are over by a few mil. But if that was the case I actually don't know if the PL would have called it in given all the hassle with the first charge.
How have we lost >40m? We've been living on dry bread and stale water. Is this the interest on loans that's so problematic? I'm starting to think that the problems are significantly deeper than paying crap players superstar salaries.

I listened to the Royal Blue Podcast yesterday which dealt with this subject. We’re screwed. The consensus is that we are facing a minimum of 6 more points deduction and possibly more. The notion of double jeopardy was also discussed and dismissed.
Royal Red podcast mate all RS fans

From what I have read they are due to miss the barrier by 2 million. Therefore, that surly has to be called in and looked at in depth by the league. They could be tucking money where they know they can get away with it for their losses for example woman’s football. If it comes down to about 2 million quid then the premier league, like they did with us, need their accounts to look at it.

But, it’s not Everton and they will prob just takes Wolves’ word for it that it’s all okay.
Wolves would have handed in their accounts at the same time as us, end of December.

But missing it by 2 million is suspect.
Maybe, maybe it's completely justifiable. I don't really care personally. But the point is teams that have an aggregated loss in the previous two years hand those accounts in so the PL can look at them and make the call on whether they've breached or not and if there should be a charge. There's no point calling for the PL to look closely at them if they already have.

Totally. It's a disaster. The only reasonable deals we've had were fake ones through USM.

Problem is this should've been happening decades ago and now we've been well and truly left behind. The lack of ambition from Kenwright and whoever he employed worked wonders for them and their stranglehold on the club but absolutely killed any hope for the supporters.