6 + 2 Point Deductions

The womans team is potentially losing us up to £30 million a year... Wtf

I couldn't name one player or any of their results this season. I don't even know what league they play in.
I follow Everton not any random variant of a sport just because they attach my clubs name to it, like that failed basketball attempt about 15 years ago.
If we are hemorrhaging money what is the point of pissing it down the drain chasing a doomed failing commercial enterprise.
The £30 million will be the sum that is deducted from the accounting bottom line.

In 21/22 the accounting loss was £40 ish million and the PS loss was quantified at £10 million.

In that £30 million will be the woman’s football nett cost, youth academy costs, and depreciation of non tangibles ( which was around £6 million )

Are other clubs allowed to make submissions to hearings regarding other clubs?

Are we sure about the answer to this? I.E there is a source that confirms either way?

I ask, because I’d like to think we could have a say in why that Brennan Johnson excuse is utter BS!
Yep, especially when you consider the players we have had to sell cheap to meet the PL's timelines. We'd have been under the 105M if we had got the prices we wanted for Gordon and Richey.
Forest even played Johnson in 3 games in to the new season while they waited for their best price, while we sold Richey by 30th of June as requested... And we still got shafted.

Last edited:
The agreement with USM was for £10 million pa. It was due to start in 25/26.

Everton’s argument was that they were in negotiation with USM to advance the start of that deal to the 21/22 year but had to pull those negotiations due to Russian invasion. That point of mitigation was dismissed because there was no contract inplace.
Yes, largely.

Why is so strange that supporters of other clubs are interested what’s going on in football wider ?

I am 100% open where my loyalties lie in terms of football matches but my interest in football is far wider than the narrow tribal view that many take.

If my postings were taking the mick or I was posting facts that couldn’t be substantiated then fair enough I open myself up ridicule but the debate re FFP and punishments is far wider than just Everton.

What is the problem that you have ? Is it the tone of my postings, The fact that I am a Chelsea supporter? Or the simple fact that this is solely an Everton issue and no one else is allowed an opinion ?
It’s not strange in itself. I’m sure a lot of football fans have watched what’s happened with our case.

What is a bit strange though, is you’re in here nearly every day commenting on PSR and other aspects of our finances including sponsorships etc.

Yet since you signed up over 2 years ago we’ve played the team you support a number of times and you haven’t commented in a single match thread.

Not questioning who you support or anything like that. I was just likening it to a Villa fan who signed up on here and his only interest was Everton finances and nothing else.

I’ll be honest all this PSR and accounting stuff bores me to absolute tears and if a shoe was on the other foot, I’d rather shït in my hands and clap than go posting on a Chelsea forum showcasing my accounting skills.

But you crack on lad.

It’s not strange in itself. I’m sure a lot of football fans have watched what’s happened with our case.

What is a bit strange though, is you’re in here nearly every day commenting on PSR and other aspects of our finances including sponsorships etc.

Yet since you signed up over 2 years ago we’ve played the team you support a number of times and you haven’t commented in a single match thread.

Not questioning who you support or anything like that. I was just likening it to a Villa fan who signed up on here and his only interest was Everton finances and nothing else.

I’ll be honest all this PSR and accounting stuff bores me to absolute tears and if a shoe was on the other foot, I’d rather shït in my hands and clap than go posting on a Chelsea forum showcasing my accounting skills.

But you crack on lad.
Even weirder it that he always comes out at the worst case scenario for everton, and has managed to reach a best case scenario for forest being likely.

Pure coincidence I'm sure, and the sort of outcome you could expect from an earnest interest in football finances.

It’ll be a 6 point deduction then mitigated down to either 2 points, or suspended for a year depending on next year.

It is for a different period and a different case, so the punishment should be for the following year at the very least. Surely you can not punishment a team twice in the same Season for different transgressions. That would wrong

It is for a different period and a different case, so the punishment should be for the following year at the very least. Surely you can not punishment a team twice in the same Season for different transgressions. That would wrong
The double jeopardy argument will be made, but i personally don’t think the panel will accept at the initial hearing. I have a feeling that the precedent has been set my our ruling (i.e. a points deduction is seen as the correct punishment, any points deduction cannot exceed those which is applied for administration, 6 points has been handed down being deemed an appropriate punishment after mitigating circumstances have been presented)

So from that, I think it will be 6 points that the club will appeal and argue down.

Either way the entire thing is farce; theres no framework for sanctions. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up with 4 points giving us a grand total of 10 again.

The £30 million will be the sum that is deducted from the accounting bottom line.

In 21/22 the accounting loss was £40 ish million and the PS loss was quantified at £10 million.

In that £30 million will be the woman’s football nett cost, youth academy costs, and depreciation of non tangibles ( which was around £6 million )
I’m sure I read something that the women’s team losses for year 2022 was like 800k or something.

But it doesn’t show up the gammons who think investing in women’s football is a bad thing if you use the actual figures.

Even weirder it that he always comes out at the worst case scenario for everton, and has managed to reach a best case scenario for forest being likely.

Pure coincidence I'm sure, and the sort of outcome you could expect from an earnest interest in football finances.
You clearly haven’t read my posts. The only suggestion I have made re the Forest issue is I said that based on the Sheffield Wednesday written reasons why someone could come to the conclusion that their argument re selling Johnson would be 50% mitigation.

As an aside the reason I don’t post in match day threads is that supporters of opposing clubs rarely see the game through different tinted lenses

It’ll be a 6 point deduction then mitigated down to either 2 points, or suspended for a year depending on next year.

Thats how i think, It will be 6points downgraded to 2/3points after appeal. I would be very surprised if verdict came right in at 2/3 points. and half feel they will say result after appeal in the week leading to Arsenal game - almost like we have to beat Arsenal to stay up type of thing. Doubt any points deducted will get suspended, as it surely is for this season no matter what.

Last edited: