Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuinely don't get the Dyche love in. I have never seen an Everton side so inept at attacking play. And I mean ever. Even Walter Smith and his starting XIs containing 7 defenders were better than this.

It doesn't have to be even remotely close to fancy football, but there are zero runs, zero patterns of play. It's beyond abominable. All well and good improving our defence but we won't be staying up by scoring solely from set-pieces. Shocking stuff again. It is so clear they do zero work on attacking play.

I don't think there's much of a love in as such, it's more he's made small progress to make us harder to beat and has earned the chance to see what he can do.

He's still got credit in the bank imo given the absurd circumstances at the club and the fact we're clearly not as shambolic as we were under Lampard but he's going to have sharpen up and quick. Dreadful, dreadful half.

Very very poor ---- this is a must win --- 3 points vital.
I,m no football manager --- but for goodness sake ---- suck these fools in ---- and hit em on the counter.
Calvert Lewin needs to earn his wages now.
Palace are awful --- 2-0 Everton --- the counter needs to be adopted pronto.

I didn’t know you could get the internet on a telegraph machine!

Just making the point that yes they’ve been poor but both shouldn’t even be on the pitch to begin with. It’s one thing if a player is playing crap but those lads have very obvious reasons for being so poor and the manager should’ve had the sense to realise it himself.

Lad gets paid a fortune so no excuses valid for me. Footy should be his release. Not even comparable to the real world slog.

McNeil has been back to the usual crap we saw from him when we signed him, none of our wingers give anything to this side, they are wingbacks to our back 6!

How can you move forward as a club when this is how the manager sets up, change as many players as you want but if this is their instructions nothing changes...