2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I've been defending him hard in this thread because the types of goal and finishing I've seen from him in Scotland and the Championship (OK OK, lower level) is different to anything else we have - Dominic Calvert-Lewin has a lot of good qualities but he doesn't score that type of goal often if ever. As Dyche himself says if he can just use his physical advantages more he certainly has the ability to get us the vital goals.
Excellent point on the type of goal mate.

I said after the Derby mate I wanted to see him in a game against opposition who we could attack more, despite him getting pelters, I saw some intelligent flashes.

It’s a while since I’ve been flumaxed, I was accepting it to hit the inside netting, blast at the keeper or sky it the far side of the post, it’s been a while since I saw an Everton striker be so composed, brush or a defender, create an angle, make the keeper commit and place it - was honestly stunned. It’s a skill and if you can do it the PL, you have a career.

You know that DCL would of either scuffed it wide or straight at their keeper so it’s great to see a player that can score with that sort of effort hopefully it elevates his career for us

Loved the goal.

Make sure he's in control with the first touch and then surprises Koulibaly with the second touch, a burst of speed and strength to hold him off to get himself infront of goal. Really impressive to see from a big 6ft-plus centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.