What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been quite a few! I only had 2 season tickets in my life, and I remember being gutted when we sold Graveson to Real Madrid, when I had 1 of them. Since then we have continued to sell our better players on a consistent basis. The appointment of Benitez was a low point, and most recently the sale of Richarlison was also gutting. It was clear when he went that we were in for massive struggle this season. We sold our biggest threat, having only just survived, and still haven’t replaced him now! No wonder we are odds on to be relegated. Those in charge should feel ashamed of what they have done

The realisation that in the 3 decades I’d been around and in the course of supporting the club in 4 different decades (90’s-now) the club has gave me about 4 outatanding-ish moments that I can remember which are: a Champions League qualification we immediately barrelled out of, a good 2013-14 season, a 3-0 win against Liverpool and a Jagielka wonder goal against Liverpool (for a draw).

This with the new ownership creating a board that a group of fans with moderate intelligence could do better than and the sport being reduced to an Arab state owned dive-fest brought an absolutely fantastic realisation.
None of it matters. Support is a choice and you can choose to just not bother with them anymore. The whole “born not manufactured” thing is a crock of absolute bollocks and you can choose an Everton rock bottom (I’m sure there’s plenty more to come) that takes them out of your life.

No more ruined weekends, no more money spent getting to the ground or on tickets, no more shouting at the telly, no more getting wound up about what the pundits are saying…it’s fantastic! I’ve discovered new sports, taken up new hobbies and my missus even seems to like me more. The only thing I really miss is this place but poking my head in the transfer thread I now just think “why bother caring so much?”. I truly recommend it to some of you, I honestly do.

Lowest point?

Probably right now.

We are bottom of the league and have just announced Sean Dyche as boss.

If I’d of said this would happen a few years back no one would have thought it possible to fall from grace so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.