2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we've faced loads (genuinely I feel likes it's about 15 a game)

But in the main there's a better shape about it
corners.jpg

Spot on mate

"Can't set up a defence" "crap at set pieces"

It's the first thing he's sorted this season.

I'm sure we've faced 106,347 corners already this season and cleared them all.
This has been a concern for me for quite a while.
The amount of corners we concede is ridiculous hence , the more corners = the more chance to concede goals.
I 'm sure him and his staff have noticed it and will work on it.

Hope the doubters have finally acknowledged when he 1st came he tried to play a certain way.
He got a very sharp reminder that the players he inherited couldn't play that way.
He then adjusted to get us over the line.

Now we see the 1st glimpses of the type of players he wants and the system he wants to play with them.
This was always no overnight cure , staying in the Prem was paramount.

It will take time but he has a good solid basis to work with now , more goals will come I'm sure, once the midfield start chipping in with a few.

But there us definately a sense of unity and progression , just need to be a bit patient and watch it grow.

The Kopites, the WUMs and the last surviving member of the Benitez fan club, haven’t gone away mate, they’re merely lying dormant under their rocks, waiting for the next defeat and out they all come.

Notice, how not one single one of them has posted on here today ?

My only real concern for this season was the lack of points picked up so far despite the improvement in performances..and how that might create a pressure situation just when what we need is time to let the manager work on changing basically everything. So I think it’s a huge 3pts and his reaction at full time showed it. Almost feels like the season really starts now that we have that mini “crisis” done with

Doing well so far, keep it up!

This has been a concern for me for quite a while.
The amount of corners we concede is ridiculous hence , the more corners = the more chance to concede goals.
I 'm sure him and his staff have noticed it and will work on it.
I have to say that the corners have been coming in clusters from original corner. I think West Ham had 4 on the trot today and Forest I think had 3 on the trot

A lot of the corners we concede seem to be from defending a corner - they come in gluts. It could be that the players have been told to play percentages - if there's a risk a clearance drops in a dangerous area then put it out for another corner instead. Kill an individual attack in the quickest way possible. With the height and aggression in the team they might fancy their chances of winning more than they lose.

Or from a football hipster point of view it may be data analysis showing how corners develop into goals - not always attacking the ball direct from the corner but a result of second balls or the attack that develops from possession losing clearances / partial clearances.

Maybe we've just had a couple of statistically outlying matches or phases of play affecting the averages more as it's still early in the season.

Or not.

A lot of the corners we concede seem to be from defending a corner - they come in gluts. It could be that the players have been told to play percentages - if there's a risk a clearance drops in a dangerous area then put it out for another corner instead. Kill an individual attack in the quickest way possible. With the height and aggression in the team they might fancy their chances of winning more than they lose.

Or from a football hipster point of view it may be data analysis showing how corners develop into goals - not always attacking the ball direct from the corner but a result of second balls or the attack that develops from possession losing clearances / partial clearances.

Maybe we've just had a couple of statistically outlying matches or phases of play affecting the averages more as it's still early in the season.

Or not.

First paragraph is exactly what's happening mate. They come in threes or fours during a semi sustained bit of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.