2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad in a world of empty space you'd still be clutching at straws. Gérard was everything to Patterson. Brought him through, gave him contracts and set him on his way.

We signed the boy at the very start of the window a few weeks after Gérard went, unexpectedly, to Villa. The idea it wasn't all set up with Stevie G pulling the strings is for the birds.

The bold is disturbing.

The rest is pure conjecture. He left in November, we signed him for £9m in January, it was a very good deal.

The bold is disturbing.

The rest is pure conjecture. He left in November, we signed him for £9m in January, it was a very good deal.

See I don't think you're very good at maths.

Patterson was signed with very limited experience playing in a poor league.

The market was set for a talented young right back with potential in the deal for James Justin for Leicester. Justin (please God assure me you agree) has a tonne more talent and potential plus had played about 100 games for Luton at that point. And he was cheaper

See I don't think you're very good at maths.

Patterson was signed with very limited experience playing in a poor league.

The market was set for a talented young right back with potential in the deal for James Justin for Leicester. Justin (please God assure me you agree) has a tonne more talent and potential plus had played about 100 games for Luton at that point. And he was cheaper
Justin is 24 years old. And I wouldn’t agree with your statement that he has more talent than Patterson. I’d bet that in a season or two Patterson will be being quoted amongst the best right backs in the league, Justin will not.

Justin is 24 years old. And I wouldn’t agree with your statement that he has more talent than Patterson. I’d bet that in a season or two Patterson will be being quoted amongst the best right backs in the league, Justin will not.

At the time of his sale he wasn't 24. He was 21 and a few months. We signed Patterson when he was 20. So pretty comparable. Both young but Justin had played nearly 100 games and won promotions etc
Having watched Justin many times he's literally leagues above Patterson (now anyway).

This is the point our lad played 13 games for the huns and only 6 for us so far so it's such early days. That's all I'm saying.

You're on a wind up. Before his injury Justin was called into the England squad and had everyone saying he'd be the next mega money sale from Leicester

At the time of his sale he wasn't 24. He was 21 and a few months. We signed Patterson when he was 20. So pretty comparable. Both young but Justin had played nearly 100 games and won promotions etc
Having watched Justin many times he's literally leagues above Patterson (now anyway).

This is the point our lad played 13 games for the huns and only 6 for us so far so it's such early days. That's all I'm saying.

Hang on, are you trying to compare a transfer fee from 2019 to 2022? When there’s just £3m difference in them?

How about we compare Rangers selling one full-back with little experience for £9m (Patterson) and then selling another with little experience for £25m (Bassey).

Hang on, are you trying to compare a transfer fee from 2019 to 2022? When there’s just £3m difference in them?

How about we compare Rangers selling one full-back with little experience for £9m (Patterson) and then selling another with little experience for £25m (Bassey).

I've not a clue who Basset is. Never mind. My point was they were similar young right backs. For the millionth time this lad may turn out very good. I hope he does of course. Just needs to learn to track back properly and position himself better in closing down space so as not to leave channels behind him.

On the fee yes I'm comparing. Add your compound CPI inflation and its still lower George.

I've not a clue who Basset is. Never mind. My point was they were similar young right backs. For the millionth time this lad may turn out very good. I hope he does of course. Just needs to learn to track back properly and position himself better in closing down space so as not to leave channels behind him.

On the fee yes I'm comparing. Add your compound CPI inflation and its still lower George.

Why do you keep calling me George? You’re one odd individual. Also confused now why you’re back to slating his defensive work - it’s as if you don’t watch us play (you don’t).

Why do you keep calling me George? You’re one odd individual. Also confused now why you’re back to slating his defensive work - it’s as if you don’t watch us play (you don’t).

I thought that was your name. Anyway.

I've always said his defensive work is a.bit suspect. I've not changed tact on that

Neco Williams has just gone for £18m, he’s the same age as Patterson currently and has similar experience of playing half a season in a lower division and a handful of international games, there’s a better comparison than James Justin for you. Feel free to ask for any other examples if you’re struggling.

Neco Williams has just gone for £18m, he’s the same age as Patterson currently and has similar experience of playing half a season in a lower division and a handful of international games, there’s a better comparison than James Justin for you. Feel free to ask for any other examples if you’re struggling.

Well first you have to ignore Williams as he comes with the RS premium. He was also bought by the town drunks at Forest.

With Patterson we've stumbled into a random Chinese restaurant on the back of a dodgy Internet review and ordered the luxury banquet with extra king prawns. We might have a great meal at the end of it. After a slow start the starters have come out. The soup was weak, the rib sauce was a bit neh but you've just tasted some really exquisite prawn toast. Who knows what the main course will be like. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.