Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused how so many people can be shocked a 96 yr old died?

Canceling events for a whole week and whatnot?

Its not a national tragedy the lady lived one of the best lives anyone probably can live from a basic materialistic point of view. Even then, 9 effin 6.

She wasn't assassinated, it wasn't a terrorist attack, or some national tragedy. A 96 yr old woman peacefully died, get on with it...

Its not a national tragedy the lady lived one of the best lives anyone probably can live from a basic materialistic point of view. Even then, 9 effin 6.

She wasn't assassinated, it wasn't a terrorist attack, or some national tragedy. A 96 yr old woman peacefully died, get on with it...

Gone too soon… Can’t believe it.

Jesus, this break is worse than the summer or an international break. At least then there's either Footy on tv or transfer news. This is just one big void where we're forced to watch rolling coverage about one news story.
Forced???Use your imagination. Go for a walk, read a book, hundreds of things you could do. In other words, grow up

Of course it's a big deal, and of course we should respect the mourning period, even if we're anti-monarchy, or indifferent, but because we're not governed by a monarchy, it just seems crazy to suspend everything. Even if you loved the Queen, does it help to stop doing what you normally do? Maybe it's to give yourself time to reflect, but for 10 days? It seems more practical, and more caring by the government & monarchy, that you would not cancel things that would cost people money, or those in which rearranging will be a lot more trouble and cost to us.. It would have been a good opportunity to wave flags and sing, and respect at big sporting events this weekend.

Anyway, the good football news is that I think this is a mini pre-season, and Lampard can hopefully work on integrating DCL, getting him fit, and working on little partnerships around the pitch with our new midfielders. Lucky for us i think as Pickford maybe doesn't miss a game, and our teamwork is better? A lot of our 8 signings came late, so we can hopefully see a better coordinated team in October!

Jesus, this break is worse than the summer or an international break. At least then there's either Footy on tv or transfer news. This is just one big void where we're forced to watch rolling coverage about one news story.
There is football on TV though, from the French, German and Italian leagues

There is football on TV though, from the French, German and Italian leagues
Sound. Except I follow the English football pyramid. Just like you no doubt couldn't give a monkeys if a member of a foreign royal family turned up their toes, I'm not bothered if Cermonese grab a point away to Verona.

Recently I have found 85 year old client dead sat on his toilet been searching to find some home care for months. And a husband desperately trying to keep a promise to get his palliative wife home before she dies, again no home care. So bit short on empathy and find it perverse to be honest a 96 year who wanted for nothing their entire life has passed away and we have to mourn...

Recently I have found 85 year old client dead sat on his toilet been searching to find some home care for months. And a husband desperately trying to keep a promise to get his palliative wife home before she dies, again no home care. So bit short on empathy and find it perverse to be honest a 96 year who wanted for nothing their entire life has passed away and we have to mourn...

No idea how some people here identify with the Queen.

Utterly baffling.

"I'm not a monarchist but...".

Pfffft!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.