Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, toss out generations of support because of where you live. That should be easy and not at all emotionally impossible.
Yes you’re right, but I suppose there’s always a risk of bad weather etc too and the game being postponed, not sure that would get a refund

All sporting events aren't cancelled though are they. There is rugby on , horse racing on .
I know, and IMO the PL should have proceeded.

However, logistics will play a part. And football and its fans are always the one who get the main stick from media. So I can see both sides, they were going to get criticised either way.

I would’ve preferred for the games to go ahead because I’ve been working all week and look forward to the football on the weekend - especially next week’s games because I’ll be back in Liverpool after travelling up from Brighton and don’t get the opportunity to see Everton play often.

If people want to show their respect they can do so by locking themselves away for the next 7 days if they want, but don’t take away the choice for people who don’t care about a woman who paid millions to get her nonce son off the hook.

I know it’s only two weekends but it’s the principle of having to stop our enjoyment to remember a woman who lived a life of luxury for nearly 100 years.
?? Same.

More to the point...is there going to be any footy coverage at all this weekend even from European leagues?

Surely they wont blank that.

The utter misery this is all going to cause - 10 'kin days 'mourning' Queen Jung-un.
The coverage will stay on, yes.

I don't want to be part of the United Kingdom and all that it entails such as this mind numbing monarchy fetish that alot of people have.
It's not about the GAME but what it's postponement represents. Which is the interruption of normal life via sports cancellations, strikes being cancelled, media blackout etc.
I would love to try and avoid it but sadly it is creeping into my life through no desire of my own.
I do not and have never wanted an unelected monarch to my head of state. And thus I do not wish mine or anyone else daily life to be impacted by it.

And yeah sod the international breaks an all, definitely have no love for them either. But they don't impact many other facets of my life unlike the passing of one woman who has no bearing on my life
If you feel so strongly about not being a part of it, then the solution is to find a better country; and to reveal my own colours here - practically any will do. (I'm neither a royalist nor proud to be British - but I do believe in being respectful). Otherwise take this trivial inconvenience on the chin.

When the Pope John Paull II died in 2005 all football games in Italy got cancelled. He was neither Italian nor sovereign

Just a mark of respect, she was longest reigning British Queen and 3rd longest among all monarchs in history i believe (behind Sun King Louis XIV and Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph i think)
Why is being longest reigning monarch something to celebrate? She lived longer than a load of other cosseted, aristocratic parasites, therefore let’s cancel anything entertaining for a fortnight. Mind boggling.

Thank God for that.

No doubt some of the serfs will be tut-tutting that.
Barring a last-minute decision from BT or Sky - which would be very weird given they pay for the rights and will actually have more people watching those matches this weekend - then the coverage will be as normal.

Well, I work and I pay taxes. I follow the rules, and actively contribute to the local environment. I vote in elections, and celebrate national day, etc. But if my king were to die, it would surely be sad, because any death is sad, but that's life, and I don't know the guy either, so it would have taken me 10 seconds to move on with my life. Apart from being a symbol (symbol of what?) living in luxury, far removed from what other people do, what have they actually done that is so indispensable to the nation? For me, football has done far more than a guy sitting in a fantasy land with a throne.
Yeah but a game of football happens every week. This is a rare moment in history that people will remember for a lifetime. Quite a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.