2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what you want to do here Roids is ignore all the negatives and focus on all the positives. Everything you've said is true, but you also just factually have a worse vantage point from up close of everything that isn't happening at the spots close to you.

And that isn't unique to football, even though I'm sure you'll tell me it is, any end to end sport played at high speed has the same positives and negatives of sitting close. It's just a matter of how dismissive you want to be toward those who view it the other way.

Not being dismissive mate. Just suggesting that seeing a match live, is different from on the telly. And I said a few pages ago that it is any sport. I am pretty sure that seeing Usain Bolt live he appears faster than on the telly.

Sure, the 30 camera angles gives a viewer to see stuff that match goer wont see. (Less so with the screens mind), but telly will never show you the stuff a match goer sees.

When you get over to Goodison, or BMD, you will immediately see what we are saying

Not being dismissive mate. Just suggesting that seeing a match live, is different from on the telly. And I said a few pages ago that it is any sport. I am pretty sure that seeing Usain Bolt live he appears faster than on the telly.

Sure, the 30 camera angles gives a viewer to see stuff that match goer wont see. (Less so with the screens mind), but telly will never show you the stuff a match goer sees.

When you get over to Goodison, or BMD, you will immediately see what we are saying
I went to the friendly this summer, it was well different, I don't feel like I could tell what was happening at all especially down the other end from where I was sitting.

@Neiler just thought of one player who on telly came across good but was a whole other level watching him live - Speed, just his positioning, movement off the ball and reading of the game, just constantly just being in the right place at the right time which you just don't see watching on TV how good it was

Very good shout mate, Gary Speed could be everywhere all at once, wonderfully balanced player, though took him a while to settle, before really taking off if my memory is right, still don’t honestly know what happened him here, won’t speculate given the tragedy, but was very sad when he left.

@Neiler just thought of one player who on telly came across good but was a whole other level watching him live - Speed, just his positioning, movement off the ball and reading of the game, just constantly just being in the right place at the right time which you just don't see watching on TV how good it was
Richard gough was another one. Different level live - constantly orchestrating the team, always in the right position.

tumblr_n1daz5usbS1qiuc6yo1_500.gif

Very good shout mate, Gary Speed could be everywhere all at once, wonderfully balanced player, though took him a while to settle, before really taking off if my memory is right, still don’t honestly know what happened him here, won’t speculate given the tragedy, but was very sad when he left.
Rumours where it was over how much Howard was drinking mate and he couldn't bear being around it, guessing not only on a professional level but as someone who grew up idolizing Howard it must have been a painful experience, sad on multiple levels for all involved really.

In a different world he'd have finished his job at Wales and been our boss for a long time

Same mate, think first time I saw him live I think i was in the main stand (may have been the bullens) and literally watched him cover 50y in what seemed like a second or two, weird thing is he seemed faster when he actually was running with the ball too.

Thats exactly it mate, he seemed to get faster when he was running with the ball, even coming inside creating the angle. Was unbelievable really and talk about end product.

Last edited:
Rumours where it was over how much Howard was drinking mate and he couldn't bear being around it, guessing not only on a professional level but as someone who grew up idolizing Howard it must have been a painful experience, sad on multiple levels for all involved really.

In a different world he'd have finished his job at Wales and been our boss for a long time

Had heard loads at the time and over the years mate, guess wel never know for certain and maybe for the best at this stage.

He was a massive Blue as well.

Big Dunc also did a lot of his best work out of camera frame (and view of the ref)

Status
Not open for further replies.