2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we live in the Premiership era, a single fourth place finish has been the best they've achieved, fans need to face the fact that the club is small time, and certainly will remain so for a very long time.

At least we have won a trophy in the Premier League era. The Vietnam War hadn’t even started yet when you last won the cup, and colour TV was yet to be created the last time you won the league.

If he settles us down and can build the squad he wants he could grow us and his management skills together and be here for a good few years it’s seems like the club has touched him and seems really passionate, looks like he’s got a squad of players all playing for the badge which we have lacked for a while as long as he is getting results and moving us up the table we need to be patient and give him time but the main thing is we’re getting results and not looking down at the bottom 3

The thing is we live in the Premiership era, a single fourth place finish has been the best they've achieved, fans need to face the fact that the club is small time, and certainly will remain so for a very long time.

I dont think the club is small time lad, the owner has invested massive amounts of dough on players and building a new stadium with so far no loans involved which is unheard of.

The problem is a lot of the fans (not all) have no ambishun these days. They talk a good game about the board needing to go, dont dare remove NSNO off the crest yada yada yet swoon over any bloke who says nice things in press conferences and happy to finish 16th providing the manager is "likeable".

Says the person crying that we are unbeaten in 5 and looking much better than last season. Talking about a big defeat to arsenal that hasn't happened based on 0 big defeats this season so far.

Who's crying? I'm certainly not.

Im just laughing at those puffing their chests out when we're only one of 2 teams yet to register a win this season.

Yes things look more positive than last season but for me its a case of wait and see how things go - not likening Lampard to Kendall, swooning over him etc.

I dont think the club is small time lad, the owner has invested massive amounts of dough on players and building a new stadium with so far no loans involved which is unheard of.

The problem is a lot of the fans (not all) have no ambishun these days. They talk a good game about the board needing to go, dont dare remove NSNO off the crest yada yada yet swoon over any bloke who says nice things in press conferences and happy to finish 16th providing the manager is "likeable".
Is it just me, or…

Why would it remain "small time" for time to come? And what benefit would be to accept that?
And if we are small time, how do we we describe the plethora of teams who have not even managed to remain in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.