2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree however thats to be expected with 8 new signings - if we weren't I would be extremely worried !

That still doesn't make my point invalid that some fans are blowing their load over the manager way too soon.

Its Kendall esque fanfare over a fella who finished last season with us 16th and currently has us 16th with no win so far this season.

Its something I would buzz and laugh at the Geordies over never thought Evertonians would end up so small time.
The thing is we live in the Premiership era, a single fourth place finish has been the best they've achieved, fans need to face the fact that the club is small time, and certainly will remain so for a very long time.

Was reading something the other day on Howard and how the 80s side came together.

It got me weirdly wondering just how much a student of the game Lampard is, he's often said about the type of footy we as fans want to see and which we get behind the most - as being more important than what he personally prefers wants to play even.

Got me wondering if he studied the sides of the 80s a little.

The way he's targeting players with that attitude, work ethic, bringing in young hungry players mixed with older model pros - it's very reminiscent for me of what Howard (himself a young manager pretty much unproven but with a great career as a midfielder behind him) did all the way back then.

I'd say he is very much a student of the game mate definitely. He lives and breathes football. He himself could have easily turned out to be a very good player but instead, with work ethic and a winning mentality, he put time on the training pitch to become one of the best midfielders of his generation.

It must rub off on the players and have an influence on how he recruits, alongside Thelwell.

He comes across as articulate and intelligent to me Lampard, were I hope if he makes mistakes he isn't stubborn enough to repeat over and over, like previous managers.

For all his, might be, faults he seems to be a hard worker as well

Yeah he was v Leeds but he looked a bit lazy tracking back a few times when he came on, remains to be seen. I'd bench him for now and slowly bring him into the team. If we have they luxury ?

:coffee:

Never forgive for using the term rafatollah

Disappointing not to have won in the Prem yet and our league position but there is signs progress is being made, however small.

Lampard came in during dark days at this club and us at a really low ebb. He was never going to take such a poor squad to where we want to be in a short period but with the players brought in and the pattern of play from the team, it's clear small steps in the right direction are being taken.

The thing is we live in the Premiership era, a single fourth place finish has been the best they've achieved, fans need to face the fact that the club is small time, and certainly will remain so for a very long time.

I know your lot has had plenty of spells out of it, but it's actually the Premier League, it's not being called the 'Premiership' since 2008.

I'd say he is very much a student of the game mate definitely. He lives and breathes football. He himself could have easily turned out to be a very good player but instead, with work ethic and a winning mentality, he put time on the training pitch to become one of the best midfielders of his generation.

It must rub off on the players and have an influence on how he recruits, alongside Thelwell.

He comes across as articulate and intelligent to me Lampard, were I hope if he makes mistakes he isn't stubborn enough to repeat over and over, like previous managers.
I agree…he is steeped in the game. Father,Uncle and Cousin all professionals playing at the highest league level and he grew up in that environment.
He has regularly said that he pushed himself on fitness which gave him an edge versus more skilful players and then worked on his game.
He is the epitome of hard work,persistence and no little talent becoming highly successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.