2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's not behind Lampard ?

I've already said he gets the season for me.

I just don't worship him like he's won us a league title. He's not even got us into the top half spots once and some of you are begging for a reach around off him its embarassing man lol

I'm not bothered if you love him or not but your online actions as an Evertonian reflect badly on me and other Blues when opposition fans buzz off us like they used to do the Geordies ?‍♂️

:coffee:

Nobody sets themselves up for a fall quite like our fans.

There are positive signs, things have definitely been worse, but we have a long, long way to go. Let’s just take it one step at a time.
Agreed.

Although I did feel on Saturday we could see the foundations for the first time. As much as the mutants are mutants, they’re one of the best teams in the world and it’s the first derby in a long time I’ve come out of Goodison and gone, we should have won that. We shouldn’t underestimate how good that was on Sat, we also shouldn’t forget how pointless it is if we don’t pick up wins when we should.

Take it what it was, a very good and promising perofmranxe and it’s great to be able to see the cogs mesh together, but still a distance to go which for me comes down to can people get goals and contribute.

The facht you cant tell that was tongue in cheek says more about you being a perpetual angry man that fumes at anything and everything tbh.

@Nymzee

This is just one of the many comments I was talking about. I actually can’t tell if they’re serious or not.

I personally think we’ve got kopites here pretending to be blues and posting that kind of stuff to make us look like idiots.
I don't know anything about you but if you were around in the early 80s following the club you will see a similarity with what Howard Kendal was doing and what is happening now under Frank. A young manager putting together a young talented team and growing together.

Its a lot more difficult to replicate those years because of the money in the game. Plus the term "special" is not definitive . I suspect the OP meant special by Everton standards which would probably be genuinely competing for UCL spot consistently together with the occasional trophy.

Well done sir!! I love that, "lets all chip in for a banner for the FSW" yet it's the rest of us who are all cult worshipping Frank, he is such a mutant.

Agreed.

Although I did feel on Saturday we could see the foundations for the first time. As much as the mutants are mutants, they’re one of the best teams in the world and it’s the first derby in a long time I’ve come out of Goodison and gone, we should have won that. We shouldn’t underestimate how good that was on Sat, we also shouldn’t forget how pointless it is if we don’t pick up wins when we should.

Take it what it was, a very good and promising perofmranxe and it’s great to be able to see the cogs mesh together, but still a distance to go which for me comes down to can people get goals and contribute.
First derby in so long a time where I felt one hundred percent their players almost to a man wanted that game over from 70 minutes on way more than we did.

The facht you cant tell that was tongue in cheek says more about you being a perpetual angry man that fumes at anything and everything tbh.

….was thinking about this and comparing the sides.

The defence (inc keepers) was comparable, perhaps not individually but as a unit.
Midfield was comparable, especially the three that finished for us.
Attack - the Reds much stronger and offer greater threat in the top third.

A lot different to last season & clear to me where we need to strengthen.

I have been thinking the same...everywhere up to the forwards looks to have quality and effectiveness.

Where we 'fall down' is the front 3 in comparison with the top sides.

DCL / Gordon / Maupay / Rondon / Gray / McNeil

If we can move Rondon + Gray on next summer then with the Kean money and moving out other deadwood we need to bring in 2 more wide attackers.

DCL leaving would mean a lot more to spend.

I don't know anything about you but if you were around in the early 80s following the club you will see a similarity with what Howard Kendal was doing and what is happening now under Frank. A young manager putting together a young talented team and growing together.

Its a lot more difficult to replicate those years because of the money in the game. Plus the term "special" is not definitive . I suspect the OP meant special by Everton standards which would probably be genuinely competing for UCL spot consistently together with the occasional trophy.

Lampard is untouchable. Id happily back him long term.

I think we're in for a very rough ride before we can be sure that things are going to get significantly better under this manager, but he has definitely given himself a chance.

Like in an under-14s five-a-side team, the one player effectivey guaranteed his place is the goalkeeper. And our goalkeeper yesterday referred to now having "characters" in the side. That spoke volumes. Its still early days, but a comment like that is telling and comes from somewhere more considered and deeply-felt. That team yesterday did not feature any of Holgate, Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Coleman, Gomes, Allan, Doucoure, or Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Some of those players - but not many - have done enough to prove that they have or had value to Everton in the past. But quite a few of them - including some previous fan favourites - have been exposed already by their replacements and the impact they seem to have on their goalkeeper. Speaking as a former lowly amateur keeper, I suspect Pickford is really talking about those closest to him: the defence and possibly those entrusted to protect the defence. However you slice and dice it, it's damning. Some players who recently got injured may not have too many appearances left in Everton shirts as, if we get any run of the green with injuries, they simply will not be missed.
Holy cow, best post you've made. Absolutely spot on.

@Nymzee

This is just one of the many comments I was talking about. I actually can’t tell if they’re serious or not.

I personally think we’ve got kopites here pretending to be blues and posting that kind of stuff to make us look like idiots.

dog-sniffing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.