2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see/hear/feel it cant you? We aint getting CL or shiz anytime soon, (but who knows?), and I am not sure there is a word for the feeling. But Reidy, on comms earlier, said sommet like this team feels the most like an Everton team for quite a few years.

Its basically the complete opposite to what we've been doing the past 5/6 years. Throwing money at it and hoping something sticks. With managers aswell who had no real intention to build here long term.
It might still end in tears. But i'd still rather have a go this way than whats gone on here.
Very quietly enjoying what im seeing. Just not going to get carried away. Being an Evertonian you usually get kicked in the teeth when you do.

Lol. You are such an obvious attention seeker. When your boy Benitez was on a run with no wins you were bigging him up to the rafters, which you knew would be an unpopular opinion, and now here you are giving Lampard crap for a much less concerning run, which you also know is an unpopular opinion. I doubt you believe any of the nonsense you spew out on here, it's all just "look at me". It's a bit pathetic, bud, maybe get a hobby or something?
Its very kopite-like.

We're looking better than last season I've said that all season, but playing pretty football means nothing if results dont come in.

For people to say we're progressing is ludicrous at this stage. We are playing better football with a near new starting 11 thats it at this stage, yes patience is required however its ultimately a results business yet the Cult of Fronk are carrying on like we are top 7 lol
I don't think it is necessarily pretty football we are playing, its more pragmatic and effective. We've played without a striker and still looked better than last season. We are making progress, we wont be easy to beat now, watch the confidence grow and we will get better still.

Results will come. We look far more competitive than large parts of last season and much more resilient.

No guarantees of that though.

Hence why some need to calm down with the OTT love in and shutting down anyone who points out we finished 16th last season and are currently 16th with 0 wins out of 6.

I said weeks ago Lampard would get the full season if it was up to me but we know that the owner and GP faithful are trigger happy if a winless run persists.

Are we moving forward?

As it stands we're in the bottom 3 places. When we actually do move forward I'll be happy.
16th isnt bottom 3 unbeaten in 4? Not bottling games. As someone stated, turning or grinding defeats into draws. Fights desire! A team of players fans hated into, one fans can get behind. An iwobi who fans thought could possibly be the worst signing ever, into a first name on the team sheet. Going at a liverpool side, toe to toe, without just surviving. Being inches away in both this game and the Leeds game from 6 points instead of 2? Look at the positives, stop making negatives for your agenda. It’s not healthy for you

Hence why some need to calm down with the OTT love in and shutting down anyone who points out we finished 16th last season and are currently 16th with 0 wins out of 6.

I said weeks ago Lampard would get the full season if it was up to me but we know that the owner and GP faithful are trigger happy if a winless run persists.
Well no, there are no guarantees of anything.

People aren't being OTT, they're recognising that we look better and are improving week by week.

The owners won't be arsed about a winless run if we aren't being beaten, especially if we look like we are competent. And even more so when you think the window has only just closed.

The next 5 games will see results change.

Between him and Kev they’ve done a great job of sorting out the soft core that blighted us last season. Coady, Tarkowski, Onana and Maupay all look like strong characters and will be positive influences around the training ground as well as in matches. Setting standards.
This is it. We were as soft as s**t last season. We don’t crumble when conceding a goal or under pressure. We’ve built a very good 11 in 2 windows.

11 players don’t make a squad. If this progress, strategy continues into the next 2 windows, we go into next season in a great position, one that fans would be happy with.

I agree we can’t look to far ahead as the season is happening now, but we’ve cried out for something like this for the last few years. We would never go from bottom to top on one/two windows, it’ll take time, but we can see what’s happen. Only disillusion fans would expect that to happen straight away

have a day off. you just moan n moan

Status
Not open for further replies.