2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fury reckons a lot different things depending on the time of day it is. Being fat is never beneficial. And Fury is an exception. Look at the greatest boxers of all time and see how many are fat.

Fedor Emelianenko from MMA, arguably the greatest heavyweight had a similar physique.

Re injuries, it's always hard to get the durability back after a serious injury; you need to go from being cautious and protective at one stage to at some point having the confidence to accept the routine pain and niggles that naturally come from pushing yourself. Difficult to get the balance right.

fat as in you fat [Poor language removed] isn`t healthy but if your BMI is lower than about12% (could be 8%) then you are in trouble if it goes lower because you need a certain amount of body fat to maintain a healthy system
His BMI will be fine as he has a lot of muscle mass but yes, I hear you about having too little fat. Some studies in the US claim that 3% is fine for male athletes in their 20's. I've seen UK studies saying a minimum of 6% is needed. I haven't seen any studies saying that too little leads to injuries, though there may be some out there, it's usually glucose regulation, fertility issues, that are impacted. It would be interesting to know what his bady fat % is.

In general, if you try to pack too much muscle onto a leaner frame bad things start happening. Saw it time and again with the college (read: university in Britain) oblong-ball team. Doesn't much matter if you are a drugs cheat or not, though the side effects don't help.

Agree with the sentiment that fat (above a certain minimum threshold, which is pretty low for men) doesn't help either for most sports, oblong-ball and sumo excepted. When pushing someone else around it can help, because p = mV and what not.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that the club cant be too worried about a comeback soon or they'd have tried harder to get a striker in, FL alluded to similar about having too many strikers meaning some sat around doing nothing causing trouble.

When he is back and finds form, we will be a completely different prospect

Someone mentioned elsewhere that the club cant be too worried about a comeback soon or they'd have tried harder to get a striker in, FL alluded to similar about having too many strikers meaning some sat around doing nothing causing trouble.

When he is back and finds form, we will be a completely different prospect
There has been some stuff floating about on Twitter that his recovery is a bit further forward than first thought. As a fan that excites me, as someone who works in sports science it also makes me wonder are we rushing things a little (wouldn't be the first time) and I worry a bit. I had hoped we would let him come back in his own time and just ease him back. All just rumours though so we will see.

In general, if you try to pack too much muscle onto a leaner frame bad things start happening. Saw it time and again with the college (read: university in Britain) oblong-ball team. Doesn't much matter if you are a drugs cheat or not, though the side effects don't help.

Agree with the sentiment that fat (above a certain minimum threshold, which is pretty low for men) doesn't help either for most sports, oblong-ball and sumo excepted. When pushing someone else around it can help, because p = mV and what not.

I never expected to be confronted with newton's laws of motion today.

Status
Not open for further replies.