Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

I think we're all underestimating what a change in formation could do for us too.

Now 4-3-3 is possible, it'll probably make a big difference for us controlling the game and breaking forward.
Exactly. Take Calvert Lewin out of the equation even to suit people’s narratives, in our best 4-3-3 we’ve got basically an entire better back 4, entire massively better midfield 3, Gordon who’s seemingly improved a lot, Maupay in the middle who’s far better than Rondon and then Gray who’s alright or McNeil who’s a very hard worker.

Since we’re also living in the real world Calvert Lewin will be available for most of the season, so we’re effectively talking about let’s say McNeil replacing Richarlison which is a downgrade but the rest of the team getting massively better all around.

I don’t see a weak point in that team at all, never mind one that’s poor enough to go down. Honestly when you see some of the crap teams in this league there’s no reason we can’t be going for 12th and above fairly comfortably.

Exactly. Take Calvert Lewin out of the equation even to suit people’s narratives, in our best 4-3-3 we’ve got basically an entire better back 4, entire massively better midfield 3, Gordon who’s seemingly improved a lot, Maupay in the middle who’s far better than Rondon and then Gray who’s alright or McNeil who’s a very hard worker.

Since we’re also living in the real world Calvert Lewin will be available for most of the season, so we’re effectively talking about let’s say McNeil replacing Richarlison which is a downgrade but the rest of the team getting massively better all around.

I don’t see a weak point in that team at all, never mind one that’s poor enough to go down. Honestly when you see some of the crap teams in this league there’s no reason we can’t be going for 12th and above fairly comfortably.

Basically built a new team this year other than Pickford/Gordon/DCL and all upgrades. Should be top half minimum or a cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.