Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only three months until the break for the World Cup and about 12 games. May as well wait until January window for someone decent rather than a gamble on Diaz

Gordon replacing Richy as left forward and already 1/5 of his goals this season, McNeil in for cover, Maupay better cover for DCL than Rondon.

Much stronger in defence and central midfield.

We've seen some better performances already, lets build on it.

Another forward would have been nice, but want to stay positive as I feel we're better than this time last year.

At some point though, mate, we have to rely on the confidence of those who brought him in.

I’d have bet Moise Kean would have been good for a few goals to begin with and that he’d grow into someone who could challenge to be our first choice. I’d have bet Sandro would have notched 5 a season for us. I’d probably have bet against Dominic Calvert-Lewin getting double figures in any season.

Could well say more about what an idiot I am, but I’d like to think it’s more a case that we don’t know what these players can do when surrounded by our other new players (almost a full new first XI) and coached by our coaches.

I should be clear that we defo need another forward but if we can’t get anyone else we feel would really improve us I’d happily roll the dice and revisit in January.
Im happy to back Lampard / Thelwell. They’ve had tough conditions and I think the business we’ve don’t this summer has been pretty good all things considered.

I just still think we’re an attacker light, I like Maupay and think he’ll get 7/8 for us, McNeil I’m sure will be better when there’s a striker in the side. But he won’t score many.

Even with DCL fit, I’m not confident in him w/ Maupay / Gray / Gordon / McNeil to get the goals. Hopefully I’m wrong

you keep saying “it’s his team now”

ffs lad
Statement of fact, Matty. How many new signings has he sanctioned this summer? Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil, Onana, Maupay, Gueye, perhaps Garner... At some point Frank Lampard must become accountable for his team. That time is tomorrow morning. I swear, some of you want to pay Frank all this money and allow him total impunity when it comes to results on the pitch. It's his team now. He is now accountable. I wish him well.

Read my latest post (I know you wouldn’t have seen it yet). Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are completely different players.

I’m not paid to be a scout for Everton football club: but there is a tonne of players out there who could have been DCLs understudy for a like for like replacement. Everton don’t want to dip into that market though.
Defo they are different players, which I think is good for the squad. Doesn’t mean both can’t hit decent numbers with good service though.

Conversely doesn’t mean they both won’t be crap. Same could be said for absolutely anyone we signed though.

I’d have loved us to get one of those raw, firecracker style players in because they scare defenders with their presence. I’m honestly not that bothered about missing out on another “number 9”.

I guess the question now is, if we get forward line reinforcements in January and survive with more than 3 games to spare, do we say that’s a successful season overall? Personally I’d say yes but I know that’s not the case for everyone. Beauty of a forum, innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.