Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we have: Neil Maupay. We could have had another if we'd sold Gordon, I'm sure. Basically, Frank's excuses have been taken from him. Now, you could seriously question the quality of Maupay and some other new additions, but Frank has his players now. His fingertips are all over this team now. Let's see what he can do with his own players.

mate your chatting wham. clearly we’ve got money so if the striker was they’re we would of got one.

it’s like you want frank to fail

I like Maupay, but he’s not someone I’d be confident in leading the line if Dominic Calvert-Lewin ends up injured for months
At some point though, mate, we have to rely on the confidence of those who brought him in.

I’d have bet Moise Kean would have been good for a few goals to begin with and that he’d grow into someone who could challenge to be our first choice. I’d have bet Sandro would have notched 5 a season for us. I’d probably have bet against DCL getting double figures in any season.

Could well say more about what an idiot I am, but I’d like to think it’s more a case that we don’t know what these players can do when surrounded by our other new players (almost a full new first XI) and coached by our coaches.

I should be clear that we defo need another forward but if we can’t get anyone else we feel would really improve us I’d happily roll the dice and revisit in January.

mate your chatting wham. clearly we’ve got money so if the striker was they’re we would of got one.

it’s like you want frank to fail
We got a striker: Neal Maupay. I'm fairly sure Frank Lampard would have blocked that signing - or resigned - if he felt Maupay wasn't acceptable.

His team now, Matty.

But that's half the season gone
But what good is it getting someone in for the sake of it. Look how that worked out with players like Niasse and Tosun. I know a loan isn’t a huge risk but if there is no one good enough available what’s the point?

This is a genuine question as I can’t think off the top of my head but can you think of any suitable players that have moved on loan that would have improved us? There may well be, just can’t think of any. And I’m not talking about ones with big obligations to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.