Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a draw was about a fair result overall. If anything you probably had the more clear cut chances 2nd half, even though we pressed you back. Both teams are in a bit of transition and can only get better. We’ve brought in some good players after losing KP and the Brazilian. You’re obviously lacking that cutting edge with no striker at the moment, that will come. There’s only Bournemouth for me who are a cert to go down where last year Norwich, Watford and Burnley were bankers to be down there. Going to be tough if our teams are down there again. ER and Goodison one of the few remaining old school grounds. Atmosphere last night was decent without being great. A pretty edgy game but the support was still raw from both ends. My first game at Goodison was in the late 70s, Leeds won 2-0 and I swear there was only hundreds of us only, rough old place similar to ER ! Good luck

I think a draw was about a fair result overall. If anything you probably had the more clear cut chances 2nd half, even though we pressed you back. Both teams are in a bit of transition and can only get better. We’ve brought in some good players after losing KP and the Brazilian. You’re obviously lacking that cutting edge with no striker at the moment, that will come. There’s only Bournemouth for me who are a cert to go down where last year Norwich, Watford and Burnley were bankers to be down there. Going to be tough if our teams are down there again. ER and Goodison one of the few remaining old school grounds. Atmosphere last night was decent without being great. A pretty edgy game but the support was still raw from both ends. My first game at Goodison was in the late 70s, Leeds won 2-0 and I swear there was only hundreds of us only, rough old place similar to ER ! Good luck
Thanks mate, really like Jesse Marsch, proper old school manager him. Reminds me of a Don Revie or Malcolm Alison type, only needs a sheepskin. Although my favourite Yorkshireman is Shaun Beans, Dicky Bird was a nob. Best of luck

View attachment 181226I’m not absolutely sure if either image has been doctored but the wider point is that, despite VAR, two or three referees, drawing lines, post match analysis etc there is still debate about these sorts of decisions and on review of the two stills (Grey on the left and Rashford on the right) it’s hard to see how Rashford was onside….. both are probably offView attachment 181226
As usual, we were robbed.....

Whatever happened to advantage to the forward, especially when there's a bollock hair of difference in it.
I know, you’re right!

For me I can accept if Grey is off because his shoulder is beyond the defender then fine but how does that reflect with the rashford decision? Therefore what’s the point in VAR as you still have the same issues over borderline offsides and interpretation of the rules

Too true, that offside was a joke. we were robbed of 2 points. just like in previous games with certain decisions.

We would have been mid table now.
Robbed - Grays feet 1 yard behind the Leeds defender plus no shoulder or arm overlapping -

1661954402808.png

Agree, literally every single pundit and journo had it down as Leeds win on balance we where very very unlucky not to win it, Gray 99/100 that goals given (if it's against us I'm certain it stands) and Patterson should have buried it at the end, Leeds huffed and puffed with loads of possession but did nothing with it imo
agreed, Pickford made one decent save that I can remember....we had Patterson who should have scored, a flukey block for Onana's close range effort and an offside goal which was debateable at best.....and yet the commentator on BT Sport proclaimed that Leeds will be disappointed as they did enough to get the win...really?!

Status
Not open for further replies.