Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a draw was about a fair result overall. If anything you probably had the more clear cut chances 2nd half, even though we pressed you back. Both teams are in a bit of transition and can only get better. We’ve brought in some good players after losing KP and the Brazilian. You’re obviously lacking that cutting edge with no striker at the moment, that will come. There’s only Bournemouth for me who are a cert to go down where last year Norwich, Watford and Burnley were bankers to be down there. Going to be tough if our teams are down there again. ER and Goodison one of the few remaining old school grounds. Atmosphere last night was decent without being great. A pretty edgy game but the support was still raw from both ends. My first game at Goodison was in the late 70s, Leeds won 2-0 and I swear there was only hundreds of us only, rough old place similar to ER ! Good luck
Agree it will be close down there. Bournemouth the only bankers to be relegated as you state. Nailed on to be bottom. I think Everton and Leeds will be ok as the home form should be strong enough. Forest don't look to have a very good defence and that might be their downfall. Brentford have a horrible run of fixtures after the World Cup so if they have their mid season slump they will get dragged into it and won't have Eriksen to save them this season.

Behave lad.

We had a goal ruled out by inches. Your manager even said you were really lucky.

On top of that, we had the two clearest chances, with Patterson and Onanas shots.

If being dominated is narrowly missing out on the winning goal, and having the 2 best chances outside of that, I'll take it.

And again, if we look certain for a relegation scrap, having gone to your ground, with major injuries and no strikers, and created the best chances, what does it say about Leeds?

You're a poor team, and a small club who will probably end up back in the championship again for another 15 years. Thats your level mate.

So try not to get too abrasive when someone points out the reality to you. You were 2nd best, against what will be large parts of our 2nd string last night. When we get our players back, we are levels ahead of you.
2nd best and small club, give your head a shake.

He said we were lucky he was offside, not that were lucky in the game with the way it played out.

You’re an awful team setting up like you were a non league team going to a league team in the fa cup 3rd round.

Stop kidding yourself you’re bad.

You got a point every dog has its day and all that.

But if you think you’re not going to be is a scrap playing like that for 38 games you’re deluded.

He said we were lucky he was offside, not that were lucky in the game with the way it played out.

You’re an awful team setting up like you were a non league team going to a league team in the fa cup 3rd round.

But if you think you’re not going to be is a scrap playing like that for 38 games you’re deluded.
Can you offer us any advice?

Imagine not being able to beat us when we have half a midfield and no striker haha

Good luck for the rest of the season Deano, I look forward to the wheels properly falling off and you sacking that bellend manager of yours around Christmas.

Why did we create the best chances then? Or score a winning goal narrowly judged offside?

How bad must you be, if we did those things, with a heavily weakened team, away from home?

You'll be in a lot more trouble than us, just like last season, where you fluked out and stayed up because a couple of teams went down to 10 men.

Why do you think you're anything special when you finished below our worst team in about 50 years?

You're a championship club, and were 2nd best last night. The Xg clearly shows this. The truth is brutal lad.

Am I getting this right. A Leeds United fan complaining about another teams tactics.

Why did we create the best chances then? Or score a winning goal narrowly judged offside?

How bad must you be, if we did those things, with a heavily weakened team, away from home?

You'll be in a lot more trouble than us, just like last season, where you fluked out and stayed up because a couple of teams went down to 10 men.

Why do you think you're anything special when you finished below our worst team in about 50 years?

You're a championship club, and were 2nd best last night. The Xg clearly shows this. The truth is brutal lad.
Worst team in 50 years Jesus you must have forgot the 90’s then when you were relegation fodder for the whole decade.

I know you scousers had ego’s but you’re pushing Newcastle levels of delusion here.

I don’t think Leeds are anything special but we’re better than you.

We play to win rather than not lose.

That’s sign of where you are as a team.

You had a couple of chances on the counter As we were pushing for a winner and it gave you a decent XG. Doesn’t make you a good team.

You’re going come down to reality with a bang when you realise you aren’t very good.

Worst team in 50 years Jesus you must have forgot the 90’s then when you were relegation fodder for the whole decade.

I know you scousers had ego’s but you’re pushing Newcastle levels of delusion here.

I don’t think Leeds are anything special but we’re better than you.

We play to win rather than not lose.

That’s sign of where you are as a team.

You had a couple of chances on the counter As we were pushing for a winner and it gave you a decent XG. Doesn’t make you a good team.

You’re going come down to reality with a bang we you realise you aren’t very good.

Yes. It was a worse team than them too, on most metrics. And we still finished above you. How does that work?

Just like how do we have a higher Xg than you? How do we have the better chances? How did we come closest to winning the game (the offside goal)?

If we didnt play to win, why were we the team who created the most goalscoring actions?

If you want to talk about delusion, you probably need to come up with an answer to those points above.

And I know we are not very good. But neither are Leeds. You were woeful at Goodison last season, and got annihilated regularly. You'll soon run out of gas, and be back to get humiliated regularly again.

The fact you think you're any better than us is laughable. We finished above you last season and hammered you at Goodison, in what was probably our easiest game.

These are all substantiated opinions.

If we had a full team out last night, we win comfortably. And as you say, we are poor. What does that make Leeds? Do you think you're akin to Barcelona or something?

Never understand people who support other teams going onto another teams fans forum. Surely your life isn’t that bad?

Yes. It was a worse team than them too, on most metrics. And we still finished above you. How does that work?

Just like how do we have a higher Xg than you? How do we have the better chances? How did we come closest to winning the game (the offside goal)?

If we didnt play to win, why were we the team who created the most goalscoring actions?

If you want to talk about delusion, you probably need to come up with an answer to those points above.

And I know we are not very good. But neither are Leeds. You were woeful at Goodison last season, and got annihilated regularly. You'll soon run out of gas, and be back to get humiliated regularly again.

The fact you think you're any better than us is laughable. We finished above you last season and hammered you at Goodison, in what was probably our easiest game.

These are all substantiated opinions.

If we had a full team out last night, we win comfortably. And as you say, we are poor. What does that make Leeds? Do you think you're akin to Barcelona or something?
News flash mate it’s a new season we finished above you the season before last and finished below you last season.

And it’s laughable you think you’re better than because you finished above us by what 2/3 points

You were just as bad as us.

News flash mate it’s a new season we finished above you the season before last and finished below you last season.

And it’s laughable you think you’re better than because you finished above us by what 2/3 points

You were just as bad as us.

Ok. So you think we are bad, so you must be worse, failing to defeat a weakened side we had out at home, while allowing us to have the best chances?

Do you think Leeds are good?

I have been following this club for 40 years, and last night's effort is really up there. Had no expectations going in, but I came out feeling proud. And the away support, it was insane hearing it through the TV here in Norway. Iwobi, Patt, Onana, Tarkowski, Coady.

I think we are probably one of the worst footballing sides in the league. We get results due to pure grit, determination and heart and nothing else.

No one is gonna watch an Everton game and go wow they were amazing it was like prime Brazil or Man City.

One can only hope that with time and investment under Lampard and a bit of patience that the football will improve. We may have to rely on home performance to get us through this season guess it depends on how effective the new signings are.

Last edited:
Ok. So you think we are bad, so you must be worse, failing to defeat a weakened side we had out at home, while allowing us to have the best chances?

Do you think Leeds are good?
I’ve explained no I don’t think we’re anything special, but we have a set way of playing that tries to beat teams.

there’s more than one way to play but playing as you did last night playing 11 behind the ball looking to catch a break is the sign of a lesser team not being able to match them so defend deep & do their best not to concede.

You scored early and then did nothing but try to hold on. We equalised deservedly as you’d done nothing but take your one chance.

We pushed for the winner and left gaps for you to counter again having a few chances on the break doesn’t make you a good team. The overall way of playing is what makes you a good team.

Hanging on to draws after being dominated eventually results in those draws turning in to loses and the odd win turns to draws

Where as if you dominate the ball maybe you don’t win all the games but more often than not those draws like last night will turn into wins.

Simple If you have the ball the more likely it is you’ll win.

If you think doing what you did last night makes you good it doesn’t.

Reminds me of when George Graham took over us. It was grim and we weren’t good.

Status
Not open for further replies.