Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stand Jesse Marsh. Proper ballbag of a man.

Didn't think we got much if anything from the ref, who bottled a lot of marginal calls because he was afraid of the crowd.

But thought we looked ok, pretty solid at the back and played some good one touch stuff going forward, just needed to be a bit more incisive on the break, few times when the switch of play from Dwight McNizzy was on and he tripped over his shoelaces or passed it to the oppo. I'm starting to quite like the team. Not sure about that forward line, at all, but get Dom back in there and we'll have a bit more to us.

Iwobi MOM for me, the geezer was everywhere. Class performance
Bed!!!

We need to have context, bsck to back draws away from home v teams that in their previous home games beat Man Utd 4-0 and Chelsea 3-0
I’m with you on this. You never look at the league until around 10 games and Frank is correct in his statement, you don’t go from a relegation battle to the champions league the next season. We simply have to give him time.

What I liked about yesterday was the formation, Coady and Tarkowski looked fine together as a centre back pairing. It finally allowed for a proper midfield.

The media will say ‘Everton who still haven’t won a premier league game this season’. I’m looking at it the other way around, ‘we are unbeaten in 4’. In those 4 games we have scored first 3 times. It does show the importance of getting another goal and putting games to bed, there was chances last night to do so.

It does seem we are already at the wrong end of decisions though, is it carrying over from last season, Holgate penalty against Villa and now this decision from last night. I didn’t see these lines being draw that accurately when Brentford got their equaliser…. Hmmmmm.

I'm saying this as I like Patterson. But I think I'd prefer Patterson, or any defender, not to bother entering the space to create an opportunity for a goal if they're not going to nail it.
Yes - it was a terrible effort. You expect professional players to, at a bare minimum, put their laces through the ball if they don't have the finesse or technique to drill it across the keeper. Just hitting it aimlessly at the goalkeeper was woeful. We have so many who simply cannot be relied upon to tuck away simple chances like that.

That all being said, I think Patterson has been a huge breath of fresh air and is deservedly keeping his place in the side. I hope Frank resists the temptation to put Coleman in for the derby, but either way we're losing the game comfortably.

Inappropriate Language
I'd say we were a team who with severe injury difficulties, went away from home, made the better chances and came the closest to scoring the winning goal. A team that was very unfortunate not to win.
I’d say you were pretty [Poor language removed] to be honest. Came closest to scoring if it wasn’t for Pickford the game would have been out of sight
Were pretty much dominated and look certain for a relegation scrap

EE1A1D21-948B-4F9E-A3BC-1159473CB361.jpeg
I’m not absolutely sure if either image has been doctored but the wider point is that, despite VAR, two or three referees, drawing lines, post match analysis etc there is still debate about these sorts of decisions and on review of the two stills (Grey on the left and Rashford on the right) it’s hard to see how Rashford was onside….. both are probably off
EE1A1D21-948B-4F9E-A3BC-1159473CB361.jpeg

I’d say you were pretty [Poor language removed] to be honest. Came closest to scoring if it wasn’t for Pickford the game would have been out of sight
Were pretty much dominated and look certain for a relegation scrap

Behave lad.

We had a goal ruled out by inches. Your manager even said you were really lucky.

On top of that, we had the two clearest chances, with Patterson and Onanas shots.

If being dominated is narrowly missing out on the winning goal, and having the 2 best chances outside of that, I'll take it.

And again, if we look certain for a relegation scrap, having gone to your ground, with major injuries and no strikers, and created the best chances, what does it say about Leeds?

You're a poor team, and a small club who will probably end up back in the championship again for another 15 years. Thats your level mate.

So try not to get too abrasive when someone points out the reality to you. You were 2nd best, against what will be large parts of our 2nd string last night. When we get our players back, we are levels ahead of you.

Does the Red Echo print a similar piece after Liverpool games called "Player Ratings"? The recent ones on Everton games always added "and 3 were poor". Can't imagine that sort of comment appearing after Liverpool games. The BT pundits were useless as usual. Post match review was 90% Marsh and Leeds. Lampard was not even asked about the Gray "goal". Can you imagine a post match interview with Klopp with no mention of such a travesty and another failure of VAR?

View attachment 181226I’m not absolutely sure if either image has been doctored but the wider point is that, despite VAR, two or three referees, drawing lines, post match analysis etc there is still debate about these sorts of decisions and on review of the two stills (Grey on the left and Rashford on the right) it’s hard to see how Rashford was onside….. both are probably offView attachment 181226

Still not having that Rashford one. Hows that on but Gray isn't.

Seen footage of that fella dropping his kid while trying to get Gordon's shirt. Embarrassing.

If he's as coked up as he looks I hope child services get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.