2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wanted this lad sold.

Anytime you fell like apologising......

Fully with you on this mate, now just hope you get behind the other potentially top class young lad we have in Patterson - proved a lot of his doubters wrong yesterday imo, and after a very torrid time at Brentford showed he's got the confidence to bounce back whilst developing

Scary thing is I have seen a young Bale in his finishes this week. I know he will never reach those heights but the composure in both goals this season make me think I am very happy to keep him and may be wrong on how good he could become. Well in lad.

I wouldn't be so sure mate, there's nothing stopping this lad reaching that level imo if he keeps the desire he has to keep improving. That's what separates the good from the great, think lamps has seen that he has that too.

I wouldn't be so sure mate, there's nothing stopping this lad reaching that level imo if he keeps the desire he has to keep improving. That's what separates the good from the great, think lamps has seen that he has that too.

…as I said last week, there were signs he could bridge the gap to the top of the game (the goals he scored at youth level, on set-pieces when he came into the team reflects how well he takes them in training situations), & he’s shown improvements in the last couple of games that have given his profile a massive leap.

I’d have still sold him 10 days ago for the greater cause, it seems like the interest has given him real belief in himself. Good on him, let’s hope his value increases.

200w.gif

I was wrong to call him average but I don't think I was wrong that we urgently need strikers as the team massively lacks goals. We are about to have 3 points from 7 games and people are celebrating Gordon getting a couple of goals. Worrying times.

…as I said last week, there were signs he could bridge the gap to the top of the game (the goals he scored at youth level, on set-pieces when he came into the team reflects how well he takes them in training situations), & he’s shown improvements in the last couple of games that have given his profile a massive leap.

I’d have still sold him 10 days ago for the greater cause, it seems like the interest has given him real belief in himself. Good on him, let’s hope his value increases.
We agree on most stuff mate, we'll never agree on the selling him thing though :).

I get the feeling Lampard isn't sone footy romantic say like Bobby was, reckon him being desperate to keep Gordon was because he saw just where the lads heading development wise, in training obv he's showed stuff he's now translating into game and think his character has marked him out fir Lamps as special.

Don't often get that combo of natural ability and the desire to improve with it

We agree on most stuff mate, we'll never agree on the selling him thing though :).

I get the feeling Lampard isn't sone footy romantic say like Bobby was, reckon him being desperate to keep Gordon was because he saw just where the lads heading development wise, in training obv he's showed stuff he's now translating into game and think his character has marked him out fir Lamps as special.

Don't often get that combo of natural ability and the desire to improve with it

….it’ll be great if he can take that step to the very top players. I can understand exactly why Lampard wanted to keep him.

These statements have a habit of being vaulting material but i’m more and more impressed with our Manager.

….it’ll be great if he can take that step to the very top players. I can understand exactly why Lampard wanted to keep him.

These statements have a habit of being vaulting material but i’m more and more impressed with our Manager.

Players improve under Lampard - in our situation that's huge.

It's also why I really want and hope we add a couple more potential younger players this Summer mate with the attitude if wanting to learn.

Onana, Patterson and Gordon I believe are all fully bought into working hard to improve.

Be excellent if Kudos and say Garner joined as well.

Remember reading a piece once about the class of 95' and how them coning through roughly together they all pushed each other on as it became a kind of competitive rivalry amongst them. And also that them doing so hsd a knock on effect in the older players to yo their own game seeing these young lads busting their backsides to improve.

I hope he keeps up this (much improved) level of performance, I really do. Because if we had sold him for 60m, we would have been able to, and probably got, Diaz, Kudus and Gakpo. Sadly, all we will now get is Gueye and a loaned striker. He needs to get another 18 goals this season, with at least 15 assists to make me excited about him.

Never noticed you posting before really but this past week you’ve really come onto the radar as a prime wham chatter.

Believe Lampard we need to fully back and be patient with the same as we did Howard, stick with him come what may and no knee jerk decisions, let him build something here

If the club brings in substantial signings today then one has to assume a sale is on the cards come January / Summer to offset P&f. Him or DCL and I'd wager not DCL due to his injury records

Whats great is when he actually does leave in a couple of years the people wanting him sold will be crying and calling him a traitor.

Where are all the "get rid" "Id take 20 mil" "Illl drive him there myself" " no end product" "his heads been turned"
When will you whoppers learn to keep it shut??
I love the ones.. 'ah well like its too late now to sell him'.. when really they know they have made a mistake begging to sell him. Hiding behind the top late bs.

Whats great is when he actually does leave in a couple of years the people wanting him sold will be crying and calling him a traitor.

….that’s such an ignorant comment.

This isn’t an “I told you so” situation, it’s not a position of gloat. I watched Gordon plenty coming through the ranks & know the potential if realised but I would definitely have sold him for £50m+ because of the predicament we’re in. The team needs strengthening in the short-term for us to survive. Like many others we were thinking of the greater good.

When Gordon leaves he won’t be called a traitor by me, I doubt I’ve ever blamed an ambitious young man wanting to better himself.

….that’s such an ignorant comment.

This isn’t an “I told you so” situation, it’s not a position of gloat. I watched Gordon plenty coming through the ranks & know the potential if realised but I would definitely have sold him for £50m+ because of the predicament we’re in. The team needs strengthening in the short-term for us to survive. Like many others we were thinking of the greater good.

When Gordon leaves he won’t be called a traitor by me, I doubt I’ve ever blamed an ambitious young man wanting to better himself.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.