Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is his opinion, why cant he have it?

Why do posters need to fear comments like this for posting their opinion? You can disagree and enter the debate or just ignore and scroll past.

FYI not my opinion but we do need to bin this back 5.
It’s every post he posts is negative and I agree it’s his opinion. Bonus 3 games undefeated

It would have been a robbery if we had won that due to them hitting the woodwork on 3 separate occasions but it is still disappointing to concede so late especially from a set piece again and with 3 centre halves on the pitch as well. Gordon was probably MOTM and Onana played well a lovely through ball for the Gray chance thought it was gonna be one of those days for Brentford but I guess not sadly.

I think if Holgate is injured whatever you do, do not play Keane. Go to a back four, bring Coleman back in. The system will suit Myko better too.

Play Allan in the holding with Iwobi and Onana ahead of him.

Gordon and Grey, and Maupay.

People say it’s not 5 at the back, but it is when we can’t carry out of defence and get pinned back.

When they’re all in our own half constantly then yes it’s a back 5.

We’ve not got the personnel for that system and it doesn’t feel very Everton.

I hope getting Gana in is the death nell for this setup, if it isn’t then I’m not sure about this manger at all.

Not great at all, but I saw far worse last season. Not that it inspires much confidence, but I guess we will be able to judge at the end of the window.

Point gained. our worst performance by far and we were very vey lucky to get a point. We almost looked like we could've sneak away with 3 points.

Poor defensive awareness from Patterson and Iwobi. Iwobi not noticing Janelt and Patterson just moved away for some reason (wasn't even moving away to mark another player).

Patterson has been tested defensively all game. Patterson can defend but his concentration and awareness sometimes can be pretty poor and allowed too many passes and crosses. I think FL should've recognised this and replaced Patterson - maybe it was because an injury to Holgate and lack of depth at RB

Status
Not open for further replies.