Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves in advanced talks for Kalajdzic​

Wolves are in advanced negotiations with Stuttgart over a deal for striker Sasha Kalajdzic - who was on Manchester United's list of possible targets earlier this month.

Sky Sports News has been told that Wolves and the Bundesliga club are still some distance away in terms of valuation.

Wolves have indicated they're prepared to pay £15m for the 6ft 7in Austrian international, but Stuttgart are currently asking for £21.1m (Є25m).

It's not thought personal terms would be an issue with the player, who is keen on a move to the Premier League.

Kaladjzic has a year left to run on his current Stuttgart contract.

I think that's a lot of paranoia mate.

I don't think someone senior at Everton is thinking they need a master plan to blag fans that we're trying to sign a player on loan that 99% of Evertonians hadn't heard of.

Doesn't serve any actual purpose, wasn't even any planned protest so why would they leak the name of someone nobody had heard off before to quell something that wasn't there.

How anyone can think Kudos hitting the press stopped sonething that wouldn't have happened anyway is baffling.

Entire thing is just weird though, from the initial source who tend to be garbage on breaking anything, to literally everyone with contacts and reputation reporting it as effectively done, to then the Ajax response of 'eh what, news to us all this like'

If I was guessing the only thing I can think if is we have several people negotiating deals, ones confirmed it believing the other had done the deal, and the lads agent has been very very much taking liberties with making a deal before Ajax where even approached officially.

Only thing we know for sure though is we really didn't know anything ?

Anyways can we sign a striker please

Hard to know mate, I've just seen the youtube clips - he can play the areas of the pitch i think we need a bit of creativity, threat and guile, its however a big jump from the Dutch league to the PL and he's finding it hard to crack it at Ajax.
i thought we were talking on Brereton Diaz of Blackburn lol

Wolves in advanced talks for Kalajdzic​

Wolves are in advanced negotiations with Stuttgart over a deal for striker Sasha Kalajdzic - who was on Manchester United's list of possible targets earlier this month.

Sky Sports News has been told that Wolves and the Bundesliga club are still some distance away in terms of valuation.

Wolves have indicated they're prepared to pay £15m for the 6ft 7in Austrian international, but Stuttgart are currently asking for £21.1m (Є25m).

It's not thought personal terms would be an issue with the player, who is keen on a move to the Premier League.

Kaladjzic has a year left to run on his current Stuttgart contract.
Was an interesting one when we were linked but as I recall his injury history was a horror show.

I think that's a lot of paranoia mate.

I don't think someone senior at Everton is thinking they need a master plan to blag fans that we're trying to sign a player on loan that 99% of Evertonians hadn't heard of.
Thats what I dont understand, if they needed a smokescreen surely they would have gone with a reasonably "famous" name.

Brereton Diaz fits the latter role - not a Dominic Calvert-Lewin replacement though,much more a Richy one I'd say. Forward really but also an emergency striker type.
Not seen anything of him, is he decent - by that I mean do you feel that from what you have seen he would be an adequate replacement for Richy?

Status
Not open for further replies.