Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd spending 60 mill on a 30 year old, remember when we lost our minds about signing JT on a free at 29 because he’d explode any second.
And giving him 15m+ a year til he's about 35 as well. He's one of the best in the world in his position but it's a lot to spend solving one problem when they've so many other ones. Realistically they are still a long way away from challenging for top 4 so they should surely be investing wisely rather than throwing so much out the window on a 30+ quick fix.

Yes.

Some people just really hate a back 3 and want us to play like City and Liverpool by using 433, despite us not having the world class players to make it work.
This has been covered comprehensively in this thread.

We have NO midfielders who can play in a 2-CM scheme apart from Onana, and he arrived a week ago. So if we play in a 523 or a 343 we have already conceded the midfield - as we saw against both Chelsea and Villa, and Blackpool in preseason.

By conceding the midfield we get forced back and our 343 becomes a 523 by default. Under increasing pressure the two wide forwards drop back too and we have a 541. The one up front is either Gordon or Rondon, so we simply defend continually until the other team scores.

While this is happening, we pay Allan, Davies Gbamin and Gomes wages to NOT play because we refuse to use a 3-CM shape.

This is utterly bonkers.

We have all the players we need to play a 433 (presuming Onana plays as the central DM, with a box to box CM on each side), although if Gordon goes then we are left with Gray at LW and McNeil as RW which is admittedly not desirable.

The solution isn't easy. In addition to shifting Alli (a great move) we need to sell Gomes and Allan at an absolute minimum (to create payroll space and room in the squad) and bring in another DM (to cover/rotate with Onana), a wide forward (Terrier? Tsygankov?) and a CF to challenge DCL now and take over from him when he leaves next summer (Ideally Dembele but some reports say he's already turned us down). If Gordon goes then there's more cash to play with, but we'd need two wide forwards, or a second CF who can also play out wide (Broja?).

Having said all that, if the plan is to go to a 343 or 523 then guess what? We STILL need to sell Allan and Gomes, we still need a new CF and a new wide forward. But we'd also need TWO more DM/CMs, because we don't have ANYONE who can play in a 2-CM system other than Onana.

TLDR: we need MORE players to make a 343 work than we do to make a 433 work, because all our midfielders are useless in a 343. We should be playing a 433.

This has been covered comprehensively in this thread.

We have NO midfielders who can play in a 2-CM scheme apart from Onana, and he arrived a week ago. So if we play in a 523 or a 343 we have already conceded the midfield - as we saw against both Chelsea and Villa, and Blackpool in preseason.

By conceding the midfield we get forced back and our 343 becomes a 523 by default. Under increasing pressure the two wide forwards drop back too and we have a 541. The one up front is either Gordon or Rondon, so we simply defend continually until the other team scores.

While this is happening, we pay Allan, Davies Gbamin and Gomes wages to NOT play because we refuse to use a 3-CM shape.

This is utterly bonkers.

We have all the players we need to play a 433 (presuming Onana plays as the central DM, with a box to box CM on each side), although if Gordon goes then we are left with Gray at LW and McNeil as RW which is admittedly not desirable.

The solution isn't easy. In addition to shifting Alli (a great move) we need to sell Gomes and Allan at an absolute minimum (to create payroll space and room in the squad) and bring in another DM (to cover/rotate with Onana), a wide forward (Terrier? Tsygankov?) and a CF to challenge DCL now and take over from him when he leaves next summer (Ideally Dembele but some reports say he's already turned us down). If Gordon goes then there's more cash to play with, but we'd need two wide forwards, or a second CF who can also play out wide (Broja?).

Having said all that, if the plan is to go to a 343 or 523 then guess what? We STILL need to sell Allan and Gomes, we still need a new CF and a new wide forward. But we'd also need TWO more DM/CMs, because we don't have ANYONE who can play in a 2-CM system other than Onana.

TLDR: we need MORE players to make a 343 work than we do to make a 433 work, because all our midfielders are useless in a 343. We should be playing a 433.
Ive said myself, we have players that would suit a 433 better.

And giving him 15m+ a year til he's about 35 as well. He's one of the best in the world in his position but it's a lot to spend solving one problem when they've so many other ones. Realistically they are still a long way away from challenging for top 4 so they should surely be investing wisely rather than throwing so much out the window on a 30+ quick fix.

They must be really struggling in the market mate, they are just throwing money around now and seeing what Sticks, pity we don’t have anyone viable we could push their way, hardly take Keane.

We can do much worse than Januzaj on free.

1660865927110.png

So, aside from the fact that DiMarzio almost exclusively chats wham, is this Elmas kid any good? I barely watch any Serie A these days. I've watched the obligatory YouTube videos and he seems a bit meh.

Although, from my limited Serie A watching, one player who really caught my eye a couple of times (who we may be able to afford) was Hamed Traore at Sassuolo. Kid's an absolute beast. Someone call Red Kev for me ?

Tarks 80k a week, 4m to Burnley.
Coady 80k a week, 12m fee
Vingare 25k a week, 12m fee
Where are you getting these figures from?
Why would we pay £4m to Burnley for a player not contracted to them any more?
Coady is on loan with no obligation attached, I'm sure there was a loan fee, I am also sure that loan fee was not £12m.
Vinagre is on loan with no obligation attached, I'm sure there was a loan fee, I am also sure that loan fee was not £12m.

£28m of your sums look like utter BS.

Where are you getting these figures from? Why would we pay £4m to Burnley for a player not contracted to them any more?
Coady is on loan with no obligation attached, I'm sure there was a loan fee, I am also sure that loan fee was not £12m.
Vinagre is on loan with no obligation attached, I'm sure there was a loan fee, I am also sure that loan fee was not £12m.

This is correct :)

Where are you getting these figures from?
Why would we pay £4m to Burnley for a player not contracted to them any more?

I didnt add the 4m on.

And even if you remove the 2 loan fees.

Its still 70m.

Im not going to triple check my figures, so there will be errors.

Richarlison 60m 70k a week BANKED

Tarks 80k a week, 4m to Burnley.
McNeil 20m, 50k a week
Coady 80k a week, 12m fee
Vingare 25k a week, 12m fee
Onana 80k a week, 33m fee

5m Agent fees
53m on fees, 24m on fees next summer
12m in wages

Ignoring the fee we REALLY didnt pay to Burnley, not factoring in signing on fees

A grand total of 94million English pounds.

I didnt add the 4m on.

And even if you remove the 2 loan fees.

Its still 70m.
Erm, you did add the £4m and feel free to add in the loan fees but they're not £12m a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.