Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg
Yes the only place with attractive women and a football club is Istanbul. Makes sense now.

Totally agree from my limited viewing he looks like he'd be very efficient in a deep midfield role.

£14mil and he walks into our 11 and its impossible to lose money on the deal

Im so confused...why a loan with option...

Bit lost with Lampard on Dele, thought he should be starting over others.

Weve not paid any fee until his 20th game.
He's poor; over the hill has been...

Excellent work to get rid of his wages.

Get Garner.
Personally think we should get both. Try our best to put Gomes, Davies and Allan out to pasture.

Then see what funds we have to maybe get a Gallagher (if we make a big sale etc). Then the midfield options would be Garner, Gana, Onana (??), Iwobi, Doucoure and Gallagher. What an upgrade that would be. Lots of options and power. And the ability to freshen up with the whole 5 sub rule. Could also try McNeil in there as, if he is going to play anywhere, it might be in more of a back up no 8.

If we were to sell Gordon and sign MGW too (not saying we will), you then have a forward who could play on the right of a front 3, as a false 9, or a no 8. Would give us some serious options.

Definitely need to sort the forward positions though ?

Until you remember we have to fit the wages within our P&L...we will also need to remove some of the high paid guff, even if only on loan and partial wage cover.

I would imagine that those could easily be brought in with transfer feee and wages amortised or whatever the word is based on the £50m from Gordon.

Based on my understanding, that is why we have Onana and McNeil quite long contracts because you divide the purchase price by the length of contract and that’s how much goes on the accounts for each year.

In theory, if we get £50m for Gordon we could spend £250m on fees and wages if we spread it across contracts of 5 years in length for every player we sign.

That’s my vague understanding of it all anyway

Fair play to us. We took a punt on him and are now shipping out to avoid fees so we can prioritize bringing in others.

We tried, we tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.