Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a massive middle ground between the best strikers in the world and Che Adams.

It isn't ridiculous that fans would rather we aim higher than strikers who are currently just squad players from Southampton and Brighton.
Because Brighton and Southampton's squad players are better than our squad players? I can't understand people's heads falling off about backup strikers that have proven they're more than good enough to be a striker in the Premier League. You'd swear it's like we're trying to get current Rondon or something like that. United the other day were after Arnautovic, imagine the war that'd be going on here if we were after him. We're looking at 2 current PL level players, playing most weeks for better teams, scoring better than 1/4, for £15m and are both 26, to be our backup striker. The overreaction to it is honeslty madness.

Just one more strawman please, chief. Nice one.
I'll put it this way.

1. Is Maupay or Adams a bad player?
2. Is no striker better than a striker?
3. Is £15m an obscene amount of money for a decent Premier League player?
4. Are our forward options good enough even if DCL is fit?

This is what my argument boils down to. If you answered yes to any of these questions then I fundamentally disagree with you. If Adams or Maupay are the players that are wanted by the club they have no disagreement with me, they're decent players at this level. The squad has been desperate for options off the bench in terms of a forward for years, more than a decade even. Maupay or Adams aren't the most flashy names but they'd do a job, a good job.

I'll put it this way.

1. Is Maupay or Adams a bad player?
2. Is no striker better than a striker?
3. Is £15m an obscene amount of money for a decent Premier League player?
4. Are our forward options good enough even if DCL is fit?

This is what my argument boils down to. If you answered yes to any of these questions then I fundamentally disagree with you. If Adams or Maupay are the players that are wanted by the club they have no disagreement with me, they're decent players at this level. The squad has been desperate for options off the bench in terms of a forward for years, more than a decade even. Maupay or Adams aren't the most flashy names but they'd do a job, a good job.
We've gone from Lukaku and Richarlsion to wanting a *decent* couple of players to do one job.

Everton 2022.

You’d sell Everton’s family jewels just to be able to do them little formation things with players you’ve seen only on YouTube and claim to solve Everton’s problems, when YOU’RE the problem.

I genuinely really want Everton to get relegated so I can come and vault all these posts to watch your squirm and try to deflect it to Kenwright.

We've gone from Lukaku and Richarlsion to wanting a *decent* couple of players to do one job.

Everton 2022.
Yeah we've gone from Lukaku and no one, and Richarlison and no one to hopefully Calvert Lewin and someone decent. At no point have I, or anyone else, suggested Maupay or Adams should be the first choice striker. That's obviously the case.

You’d sell Everton’s family jewels just to be able to do them little formation things with players you’ve seen only on YouTube and claim to solve Everton’s problems, when YOU’RE the problem.

I genuinely really want Everton to get relegated so I can come and vault all these posts to watch your squirm and try to deflect it to Kenwright.

shurrup chico you don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.