2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird, but then Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle all want him. Pep Guardiola praised him too, and Frank Lampard is talking about building a team around him.

He's come into a really, really, desperately poor Everton team. Has that hindered him? Or did it help him get the game time and exposure?

Either way, I've said on here for a while that I think we give him too much responsibility and think that ideally, he should be a squad/impact player.

Those saying don't sell him at £50m, what price would you sell him for?
Those compliments are founded. And I think could be worth more than what Chelsea are willing to pay in due time. But the question of being able to re-allocate for similar upside, for a club with a limited player pool to generate funds from is what's paramount. Especially when there are fair odds, Gordon doesn't surpass what Chelsea are currently willing to pay as well.

This is a dramatic hypothetical, but if we sell AG and buy two in their prime, 28 year olds for 20 million each it's a colossal mistake. If they buy three 21 year olds with the money he's generated that have similar sell on potential in two to three years, and are close to the same quality now, thats the right calculation.

Brighton sold Ben White for 50, bought Cucurella for 18 (and others off of White's return), and sold Cucurella a year later for a deal that can go up to 70 million. However good Ben White was, I don't see how anyone can say they didn't play their hand right factoring Brighton's resources and circumstance. Personally I think we are in the same boat.

Reportedly met up with Barkley in London today who advised him to seriously consider the move for the good of his career

Imagine.

I'd rather we didn't sell Gordon. He's a key player to us. But he's part of a team that is incomplete.

We need players in not move players out. Selling Gordon to Chelsea might be a key to getting 1 or 2 players from Chelsea. The question is what 1 or 2 players?!?
What ever happens I'll back Lampard and Thelwell. I hate the fact that we can't keep our better players.

Think £50m is too good to turn down. But there's definitely a chance that in a couple of years he'll be a beast and we'll regret it. I love his fearlessness and he scored some wonder goals at youth level but hasn't been able to recreate that at this level yet, if he does he'll be some player.
If he does have it in his locker to be that big then he will be leaving us anyway.

He walked away from new contract before the season the started, its all on him and his agent.

He's got three years left mate, turning down a new contract doesn't have any influence on him leaving if he indeed has turned it down.

Three years left on low money, 5 years left on decent money, it has absolutely zero impact on if we sell or not and on any price. If anything signing a new contract in July would have netted him a a signing bonus and 50k per week more up till now.

Funny though how easily supporters turn on one if their own based on stories from the likes of Maddox and the mirror.

Starting to think a lot of fans are just bitter as f that a young blue gets to run out for us whilst all they can do is slate them out of jealousy as they're sitting round eating crisps in their undies, so bitter that they jump on any rumour to stick the knife in.

Come on Jawdies, get the bidding started.
I remain sceptical they have the endless pot of cash the Saudi PIF suggests they have. Gordon would be a perfect buy for them while the real superstars remain out of reach. Not ludicrous money or wages, not (yet) a standard of player who would demand guaranteed trophies every season.
If they really wanted him and have the dough they supposedly have he should be a shoe in for them.
Should be able to out do CFC for wages.

Gordon must be turned into Judas. It's the Everton Way.

A return to the nasty days for this club. I thought that was behind us when that gigantic waste of skin Kenwright sold up.

But here he is again doing what he does best: turning the press arse wipes he keeps fed to destroy another Evertron kid. And people lap it up.

That's the bit when I knew he was gone mate.

When you see the journalists close to Bill start twisting that knife, you know what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.