2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

£50m is a massive fee for a player who's only just broken into the team and whilst there have been some decent signs I wouldn't be disappointed to see him leave. No player is bigger than the club.

Should he leave to join Chelsea then I predict that he will follow the career paths of Rodwell, Barkley and Jeffers (leaving too early and not fulfilling their potential).

I'm reminded of a midweek away game against Chelsea when Rooney and Stubbs went wandering around SW3 before the game in teir trackies.
They chanced upon an estate agents and were perusing the local properties in the window.
The estate agents called the police on them as they thought they were casing the joints.
Those streets ain't all paved with gold Anthony lad.

….ah, ok. So you are doubting reports that he wants to move.

We’ll soon find out because if he doesn’t want to move then the transfer can’t happen.
You're an ex pro? If so you'd know how that dance works.

Let's just simply flip this around. Would anyone be ok buying Sarr for 50m? No. It's a worthwhile gamble with this being the proverbial "one in the hand/two in the bush". I don't think, even at Gordons PEAK, he'd be a 50m player. And I actually really like the lad.
Give us 50 million then what?
It’s not all about the fee.
The salary that Gordon vacates won’t pay the wages of the spending spree that everyone imagines.

@Jimishorts do the business please ?

C3412BCF-EB2F-4ABF-BBDA-3B9DC67C0914.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.