2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a bad buy, but he also wasn't 21. Nobody was paying close to that either. The difference is Dan Ashworth has apparently bid 35m. Spurs were looking at a 35m bid. Clearly there's a fair bit of consensus on him being worth that figure.
He was 23 mate, and they spent £72m on him

What about £57m on 20 year old Pulisic

And “apparently bids” and “factual bids” are different, we apparently bid £15m for Alan Shearer once

Martinelli had a very good season last year, he's a good talent but got a lot to work on.

Gordon is similar, but I think Martinelli is further along in his development.

But regardless, £50m for Gordon - if Chelsea offered it, which they might well not anyway - would be good business. It really wouldn't be hard to replace what he offers right now, as much as I like Gordon and rate him as someone with a lot of potential.

How many games was Martinelli the best player on the pitch for?
And yes, I would sell for 50m, which I have been saying throughout. But I'd never, in a million years, be paying 50m for Martinelli. I'm sorry. I'm not saying he's terrible, but he is hit and miss.

Is Martinelli that excellent?

He has scored 13 league goals in 3.5 years. Is that excellent?
How many would he have got in our team, if that was his return in a far better Arsenal team?
I don't know, but having watched him a hell of a lot last season I think he's currently a step up on Gordon.

I don't really see what your point is tbh mate. I think we generally agree that Gordon is a good player but I see no evidence that turning down £50m wouldn't be a bit mad.

But all this being said, we have no idea if Chelsea will actually pay that much and if that's our valuation then we should stick to it.

How many games was Martinelli the best player on the pitch for?
And yes, I would sell for 50m, which I have been saying throughout. But I'd never, in a million years, be paying 50m for Martinelli. I'm sorry. I'm not saying he's terrible, but he is hit and miss.
How many was Gordon?

Because he generally stank the gaff out in most matches from March onwards, bar the Man Utd game.

That's fine, it was his first season and he was used far more than he should have been, and he did well all things considered, but he didn't drag us through, he was absolutely shot by the end of last season - understandably so.

He was 23 mate, and they spent £72m on him

What about £57m on 20 year old Pulisic

And “apparently bids” and “factual bids” are different, we apparently bid £15m for Alan Shearer once

Pulisic was world class at 20 though for an under 21 player. Nobody was making an argument Pulisic was terrible at 20 as he wasn't.

It's fine to say 50m is a huge bid and Gordon is a very talented young player.
The goalkeeper is a bit of a weird one. Don't really get that.

I don't know, but having watched him a hell of a lot last season I think he's currently a step up on Gordon.

I don't really see what your point is tbh mate. I think we generally agree that Gordon is a good player but I see no evidence that turning down £50m wouldn't be a bit mad.

But all this being said, we have no idea if Chelsea will actually pay that much and if that's our valuation then we should stick to it.

My point I suppose is people underestimate Gordon.

If Martinelli was that good Chelsea could just buy him instead. Nobody is paying 50m for him so it would get him.
I think Martinelli is good too, like Gordon is a world class young player, with potential. I've not seen much evidence he's miles ahead. 13 goals in 3.5 years doesn't suggest he is anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.