2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the fact that clubs are bidding in excess of 35 and 40m for him would suggest he was.
I'm sorry but he's not miles behind Martinelli.
Again, Chelsea have paid £62m for Cucurella who is a decent young FB. We've paid nearly as much for Onana as City have for Phillips, but Phillips is the better midfielder right now...

I'm not saying Gordon can't develop to be as good as or better than those players but he's nowhere close just yet, and I include Martinelli, who is frankly excellent, in that too.

This is just insane logic. Is Nicolas Pepe world class? Timo Werner? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Do you want me to go on?

How many of those players were 21 mate?
And secondly, how many of those players, at the time they were bought would be considered way behind Martinelli. Martinelli is ok, but he's not Ronaldo is he? I seem to remember Mason Holgate playing out of position stuck him in his back pocket.

Mate we paid not far off that for Alex Iwobi, so yes people do bid over the odds for players. Gordon world class, what are you on?

We paid 28m for Iwobi, who was 23 when we bought him though. Like 23 v 21 is a big difference. If Gordon was 23, I'd not a lot more wary of what was happening.

It baffles me that people think Gordon is not PL quality, when a CL team want to spend massive money on him. It just doesn't stack up. Surely people can reflect and go, maybe Chelsea, Tottenham, Dan Ashworth and no doubt maybe others in the background might know more than them?

How many of those players were 21 mate?
And secondly, how many of those players, at the time they were bought would be considered way behind Martinelli. Martinelli is ok, but he's not Ronaldo is he? I seem to remember Mason Holgate playing out of position stuck him in his back pocket.

Martinelli had a very good season last year, he's a good talent but got a lot to work on.

Gordon is similar, but I think Martinelli is further along in his development.

But regardless, £50m for Gordon - if Chelsea offered it, which they might well not anyway - would be good business. It really wouldn't be hard to replace what he offers right now, as much as I like Gordon and rate him as someone with a lot of potential.

last season 4 goals and 2 assists, thats a goal every 571 minutes with an assist every 1142 minutes

His goal in a 1 0 win against United earnt us 2 points, 2 of his other goals were in a one game which we lost. Just to put it into perspective he made the same amount of points for us last season as Iwobi and played more minutes.
He played more games and minutes then Gray and scored less goals, and got half as many assists, a player we got for pennies, but we have been offered 40m for a player who offers us less? Chelsea are mad

I know he hasn't for you, and maybe he hasn't for me, but for people who matter he has.

Ashworth knows his stuff, and bid heavily for him. Chelsea have recruited well and they are in for him. There's a reason for that. These people know what they are doing.

I like Ryan, but his pressing and defensive work is way better than average, his goal return to XG is about average and he's 21 and will get a lot better.

I don't know what he does moving forward, but objectively as of this moment, he is a world class talent. That's the reality.

McNeil was hitting more assists and the same goals and put stattin our Antneee from 19 years old. Until last season like

Again, Chelsea have paid £62m for Cucurella who is a decent young FB. We've paid nearly as much for Onana as City have for Phillips, but Phillips is the better midfielder right now...

I'm not saying Gordon can't develop to be as good as or better than those players but he's nowhere close just yet, and I include Martinelli, who is frankly excellent, in that too.

Is Martinelli that excellent?

He has scored 13 league goals in 3.5 years. Is that excellent?
How many would he have got in our team, if that was his return in a far better Arsenal team?

Status
Not open for further replies.