2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely take the money, imo. It’s not worth turning down that much money when all we have to go off of is potential. Other than a very good work ethic, there hasn’t been much to convince me that it’s worth the gamble. Chelsea can make a gamble like this on Gordon, they have the money. We don’t. We need money. Reinvest properly to improve the team now.

Also, I think the club giving him the #10 was to appeal to the fan base since we let Richy walk. They knew they needed to give the fans something to be excited about.
How can any of our kids progress with the club if showing potential isn't enough ? You need looking at ! Who would you sign with the money someone like Onana who is 20 ? Or do you want him gone as he only has potential ?

And we might have to commit a few million to get him to stay.

….bit surprised by Gordon turning down a new deal, only because I always got the impression he wouldn’t cope with change at this point in his career. You see somebody entirely cosmopolitan like Onana can take the situation in his stride.

Saying that, I’m reminded he knocked on Ancelotti’s door so perhaps he has some ego.

i have no issue with Gordon wanting to leave, I’m just surprised he does. There’s usually only one way this ends, so the sooner we get a deal done, the better.

@davek we need your take on these revelations about Gordon. Has he lost your good will? Should we hold onto him with these reports he wants away? Is Frank right to sell a player that wants away?
I've seen this a million times. Everton FC want to sell a player and they dont want to be criticised for it. So they use the chimpanzees in the media who they can rely on to blacken a players name and then they wait for the gullible to swallow it hook line and sinker.

THAT'S my *take* on it.

I've seen this a million times. Everton FC want to sell a player and they dont want to be criticised for it. So they use the chimpanzees in the media who they can rely on to blacken a players name and then they wait for gullible to swallow it hook line and sinker.

THAT'S my *take* on it.
I agree with this tbf. But every team does it.

The most worrying part is what we waste the money on!! Dwight McNeil already looks £20m wasted to me!
McNeil not worth £15m after only playing 2 games in a brand new team and being completely written off, yet Gordon who’s been worse is in those same games is worth keeping around when there’s an offer on the table for 3x that of McNeil? Hilarious.

….bit surprised by Gordon turning down a new deal, only because I always got the impression he wouldn’t cope with change at this point in his career. You see somebody entirely cosmopolitan like Onana can take the situation in his stride.

Saying that, I’m reminded he knocked on Ancelotti’s door so perhaps he has some ego.

i have no issue with Gordon wanting to leave, I’m just surprised he does. There’s usually only one way this ends, so the sooner we get a deal done, the better.

I've seen this a million times. Everton FC want to sell a player and they dont want to be criticised for it. So they use the chimpanzees in the media who they can rely on to blacken a players name and then they wait for the gullible to swallow it hook line and sinker.

THAT'S my *take* on it.
Maddock, a friend of Prentice
Planting the narrative
I guess that’s why Bill hired him

I'm amazed that anyone would even consider, paying the fee's talked about. Yes he has done well for us, but not that well. If true lets get it done quickly and spend the money on two or three players. Especailly if he is asking to go, to sit on the bench and play in the league cup. I noticed when it looked like he scored he as doing the telephone sign in his celebration. He should be going all out for a good season in the first team here.

All the money is total profit and sorts a lot of our FFP issues.

It is weird, but then Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle all want him. Pep Guardiola praised him too, and Frank Lampard is talking about building a team around him.

He's come into a really, really, desperately poor Everton team. Has that hindered him? Or did it help him get the game time and exposure?

Either way, I've said on here for a while that I think we give him too much responsibility and think that ideally, he should be a squad/impact player.

Those saying don't sell him at £50m, what price would you sell him for?

Status
Not open for further replies.