2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only concern I have we don't have decent scouts and we will waste the money

That would have been a huge concern for me with Brands, Walsh and other managers.

So far I think we’ve done decent enough business under Thelwell and Lampard, although time will tell. They’re about at neutral I’d say, which is miles ahead of any regime we’ve had in the recent past.

Of course, it’s still a concern.

I see the latter. I've been open that I would sell. But the idea he should be a sub for us, or is not good enough for us, or is only championship standard is completely absurb given the interest in him. That is from objective buyers. They have completely disproven that nonsense.
Tbh I don't think he *should* be a guaranteed starter for us but of our current options I'd have him in the team every day yes

Evertonians in chasing out another young talent through vitriol shocker.
giphy.gif

I'm amazed that anyone would even consider, paying the fee's talked about. Yes he has done well for us, but not that well. If true lets get it done quickly and spend the money on two or three players. Especailly if he is asking to go, to sit on the bench and play in the league cup. I noticed when it looked like he scored he as doing the telephone sign in his celebration. He should be going all out for a good season in the first team here.

All the money is total profit and sorts a lot of our FFP issues.

I'm just like a shrug if he wants to leave he has promise but not proved much yet uf he wants off after a season and a bit from the club that developed him. Feel free. As get 50m+ for him and move on and get the three or four players we desperately need who can make the difference nowm That being said it could have been leaked by Maddock to get the fans on side from a board perspective about the sale of another of our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.