2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

I put my head in my hands thinking what a disastrous start to the lads career at Everton, but I was pleasantly surprised by his drive to go and get that goal back instantly.

He has to start next week against Forest, I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but he could be a game changer for us

Very intrigued by that little cameo.

It could have gone down as one of the worst debuts ever if he'd let his head drop, but he just shrugged it off and got straight back on the ball.

That's a proper player's mentality, especially considering his age

He looked a massive handful. Couple of points for me:
1) We will need to get him on the ball in the right areas, ideally in the opponents final third. Best risk/reward profile

2) He showed enormous confidence. The 2nd goal is a mistake, but his confidence to dribble past a player, then try and dribble past 2 more is quite refreshing. But see point 1.

1) We will need to get him on the ball in the right areas, ideally in the opponents final third. Best risk/reward profile

2) He showed enormous confidence. The 2nd goal is a mistake, but his confidence to dribble past a player, then try and dribble past 2 more is quite refreshing. But see point 1.
This team badly needs a player they can look to when things aren't going their way, so hopefully he's it.

I love his part in the goal, he breezes past Carlos like its nothing and then has the composure and balance to stop the ball on a dime and play a quality ball across.

Fellaini and Yaya's love child might be going a bit far, but it ain't miles from the mark imo

Why we probably want a player like Gueye alongside him to mop up after him.

You can definitely put me in that camp.

I'd just carry on with Iwobi.

That's fair enough mate. I think it's quite a big camp!

I'm on the other side like. His stats are incredible. Hes gone on to play an important role in a very good team. Would love Gana here.

Iwobi has done well too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.