Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary:

• Rather poor performance first half.

• Oddly, we never really looked like conceding; until we did. Doucoure slipped too easily by Ings (presumably as a result of his injury seeing as Davies was already warming up).

• Unfortunate not to be ahead with the offside goal from Gordon on the corner (looked dangerous when we get corners by the way).

• Wasted good moments when we’ve managed to get forward.

• Far too passive out of possession.

• Many players performing below par (Gray, Gordon, McNeil, Doucoure, Tarkowski).

• System also looks disjointed; we need a focal point of the attack and more in the middle against Villa’s diamond.

That Mcneil through ball, would have preferred to have atleast tried himself.

They are vulnerable Villa especially from set pieces.

Villa are dreadful but we're making it so easy for them. We're ok defensively but creating absolutely nothing. They look like conceding from every set piece so wouldn't give up hope but we need changes upfront at HT. Both wide players are non-existent so far. Patterson and Mykolenko haven't gotten involved enough yet.

Iwobi playing midfield on his own for the entire half. Our centre backs are all comfortable but need to be pushing us further up the pitch.

I wasn’t expecting too much difference to what has happened so far in all honesty, we're in transition, still building our team. The defence is looking better, but no outlet up front is killing us. I understand Onana has not been with us long but he needs to be on, as does Rondon.

….impotent in the top third and that’s not solely because we don’t have a recognised striker. Players either lacking ability to go past the opposition or not wanting to take risk.

Defensively sound but unless you offer some threat going the other way it’s inevitable the opposition will create opportunities.
The striker isn't getting the ball enough to make a difference with our sloppiness

Cant say I watched Burnley but he never scored all last season and his highest tally in a year is 2 despite playing every game. So I'm going with yes
I get he's not quick but was hoping he'd at least have good feet but he looks cumbersome as anything trying to turn and get a pass off. And that ball he overhit that could have been a goal..

I personally think it’s impressive that Davies has managed to be our worst player this half, and he only played about 15 minutes.

#booked #funnyoverheadsauage #levels

Status
Not open for further replies.