Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being miserable, I'm being realistic about where we are. I've seen people saying the manager will be under pressure if we lose on Saturday and I'm just giving some balance. There are people already talking up top 10 finishes. That sort of positivity is not helpful!

We might end up in a better position, but I don't believe it until I see it. We rarely end a window without a glaring weakness in the squad, but we don't have margin for error anymore after coming 16th and losing a goalscorer.
We would have to be in the bottom three by the WC break for him to be under pressure and there is no way that will be happening.

£10mil hes gone hopefully.
Personally thats the line. That amount you can still find an adequate/engaging prospect to cover in a pinch close out games. Thats betting on Coady's stability but his apps record is what it is. A name like Josip Šutalo at Zagreb is in the vein I would think interesting. Read some interesting things about him, has links to Atalanta, Arsenal, Lazio. Current transfermarkt 8 million. Just an example of a nice use of reallocating, getting younger and adding potential without extending the transfer budget above Keane's return.

They got 17 more points than us last season. They are clearly the better team right now.

And the striker issue is a big if for us at this point. It's almost 6 weeks since we sold Richarlison. That's not good enough.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying mate, and frankly I think for us and about 10 others 17th and up is the target, but I do wonder the extent to which West Ham over performed a bit?

I think 7th-17th in this league is very close. As us and Leeds probably found out last season

Have to say pleasantly surprised by the reemerging Mohamed Camara links. Very confused why the other teams that had been connected (and I think would have had a more viable pitch than us) are backing away. That said it's a huge opportunity if we really are being considered.

Personally he is world class level talent, that seems to be getting undervalued by the teams that usually get first refusal. Really engaged by Onana's profile, but there is still some risk considering the sample size (that doesnt mean it wasnt good business BTW). Camara as far as I am concerned is a possible league leading positional prospect. I think of Leeds who were linked with him and them going with Adams. Im american, would likely say Adams is the most important player in our pool, that said the upside between those two (factoring health) is very vast.

If he indeed is on the table and we have resources for a deal, even with maybe other priorities higher on the pecking order, I would think its a huge mistake to pass.

Last edited:
Have to say pleasantly surprised by the reemerging Mohamed Camara links. Very confused why the other teams that had been connected (and I think would have had a more viable pitch than us) are backing away. That said it's a huge opportunity if we really are being considered.

Personally he is world class level talent, that seems to be getting undervalued by the teams that usually get first refusal. Really engaged by Onana's profile, but there is still some risk considering the sample size (that doesnt mean it wasnt good business BTW). Camara as far as I am concerned is a possible league leading positional prospect. I think of Leeds who were linked with him and them going with Adams. Im american, would likely say Adams is the most important player in our pool, that said the upside between those two (factoring health) is very vast.

If he indeed is on the table and we have resources for a deal, even with maybe other priorities higher on the pecking order, I would think its a huge mistake to pass.
Be honest have you ever seen him play? no Everton fan is watching the Austrian league on a weekly.

We should certainly be using the Gueye hiatus as an opportunity to fully explore this. The player himself seems desperate to move and appears to be frozen out because of it, and and Red Bull probably don't need cash instantly so there could be a deal to be done there to suit our finances- either a loan with obligation or another Onana-like low up front payment.

Be honest have you ever seen him play? no Everton fan is watching the Austrian league on a weekly.

4sqI.gif

Someone else had mentioned this, but I wonder if Chelsea were genuinely interested in Richarlison. If so, I think we missed a trick on that to grease the wheels for another deal. Brighton were able to get a deal with Colwill by selling Cucurella to them. That'd be a pretty excellent option right about now if the Keane interest from West Ham is genuine. Or if we are really holding out for Broja, it would have been a whole lot easier to get him if we were sending them a forward...

I wonder if that July 1st "deadline" ended up working against us.

Someone else had mentioned this, but I wonder if Chelsea were genuinely interested in Richarlison. If so, I think we missed a trick on that to grease the wheels for another deal. Brighton were able to get a deal with Colwill by selling Cucurella to them. That'd be a pretty excellent option right about now if the Keane interest from West Ham is genuine. Or if we are really holding out for Broja, it would have been a whole lot easier to get him if we were sending them a forward...

They weren't interested

It was a needs must unfortunately. An extra £10m in the next accounting year would have scuppered any plans we had for this window.

Modern footie for you. But ultimately, our own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.