Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be happy with staying well clear of the drop but certainly we have an outside chance of finishing top half if we finish the window strongly and bring in a forward or two. I think we also need DCL to stay fit once he recovers in order for us to have a good season - should maybe say in order for us to overachieve.
Top 10 and win both derbies...

I’ll be happy with staying well clear of the drop but certainly we have an outside chance of finishing top half if we finish the window strongly and bring in a forward or two. I think we also need DCL to stay fit once he recovers in order for us to have a good season - should maybe say in order for us to overachieve.

Yeah I agree with that, as I say, it’s the hope that gets us at times!
There just seems to be a chance of getting a run at 6/7th place each year and it doesn’t always take a lot to do it. We’ve a good spine of players and some very positive additions.

For me anyway, the difference this time appears to be the level of coordination. It looks like we have the right people in the right place and they’re doing their jobs with some joined up thinking. The manager, the coaching staff, the dof, the formation, the players, the transfers in, the players we want rid of…. An identity?? Nothing without results though.

Unless we improve our forward options quite significantly then 17th or above is the target

I don't believe it until I see it. People said this last year too, and that we would never appoint Benitez...

We sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago so there was clearly no plan in place and now we are on the back foot.

We need a classic deadline day panic.

I don't believe it until I see it. People said this last year too, and that we would never appoint Benitez...

We sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago so there was clearly no plan in place and now we are on the back foot.
Don't agree there...we sign Gana and a striker and we are much better than last season...

FFS Tim will you please stop being so miserable you surely must be sick of it by now

I'm not being miserable, I'm being realistic about where we are. I've seen people saying the manager will be under pressure if we lose on Saturday and I'm just giving some balance. There are people already talking up top 10 finishes. That sort of positivity is not helpful!

We might end up in a better position, but I don't believe it until I see it. We rarely end a window without a glaring weakness in the squad, but we don't have margin for error anymore after coming 16th and losing a goalscorer.

I'm not being miserable, I'm being realistic about where we are. I've seen people saying the manager will be under pressure if we lose on Saturday and I'm just giving some balance. There are people already talking up top 10 finishes. That sort of positivity is not helpful!

We might end up in a better position, but I don't believe it until I see it. We rarely end a window without a glaring weakness in the squad, but we don't have margin for error anymore after coming 16th and losing a goalscorer.

If we sign a striker in the next week will you go back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.