Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just off YouTube and a few articles and stats data.

Seems very much the next off the assembly line in the mould of Kante, Gueye etc doesn't he.

Short term Gueye would be better, longer term obviously Camara you'd have to say would show forward vision in building something.

Think how a midfield three comprising Onana (20) Camara (22) and Gallagher (22) would have the potential to develop into.
Would be pretty silly to not stick an older head in there with them.

Gallagher looks a decent prospect, I havent watched him much, but im really not seeing anything that exciting if im honest.

If we could move on Allan, Doucs, Dele, Davies and Iwobi, theres a spot there, but till then, I dont think we have room for any other prospects that need time.

Signing him would be an upgrade on Gueye, however, only if it doesn't stop us getting in the striker we so badly need, or, put us in trouble with the premier league financial crowd. If we can't afford him we should sign Gueye , if possible,or, manage with the midfielders we have, a striker has to be the real priority now. Get that done and see where we are then.
Fair points, from our position it's also hard to understand the extent of the finances at our disposal. I think we could get adequate if not engaging striker cover for 10 million (maybe from a Keane return if West Ham are really that crazy). That said personally the tier of prospect Camara is seems a rare opportunity for us. But we do need a striker no doubt.

I'm not angry, just think others are massively over estimating our recruitment this summer. Positivity is good but it needs to be realistic
@MikelsGoat is having you on about 7th Tim. It would have to be a very good striker for me to agree with him on that.

But the business has been good value, one free centre back and one on loan both ex-captains, promising young winger for low up front fee, decent left back squad player on loan, and a punt on a young 6'5" monster CM. Considering we have very little room with the finances that's a lot of work to plug some holes.

Frank isn't Benitez so I'm hoping we can be comfortably midtable for now.

@MikelsGoat is having you on about 7th Tim. It would have to be a very good striker for me to agree with him on that.

But the business has been good value, one free centre back and one on loan both ex-captains, promising young winger for low up front fee, decent left back squad player on loan, and a punt on a young 6'5" monster CM. Considering we have very little room with the finances that's a lot of work to plug some holes.

Frank isn't Benitez so I'm hoping we can be comfortably midtable for now.
7th is without a Striker.

If we get a Striker, im thinking top 4.

Would be pretty silly to not stick an older head in there with them.

Gallagher looks a decent prospect, I havent watched him much, but im really not seeing anything that exciting if im honest.

If we could move on Allan, Doucs, Dele, Davies and Iwobi, theres a spot there, but till then, I dont think we have room for any other prospects that need time.

I do t think by a mile he's the next Lampard or anything mate.

But he's a hardworking cm/cam who likes to get stuck in and scores goals - we've lacked one of those since Cahill

I don't think he's in the prospect category now really, showed especially last year he's solid already at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.