Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guirassy would seem to be a Rondon replacement based on everything I’m seeing. If a loan was rejected I’d rather we move on. Need someone ready to slot in some goals.

From the stats it seems that Guirassy has been a “supersub” for Rennes last season. Played 37 matches but only 7 from start.
Yeah, his stats per 90 played look pretty good but you have to take into account fresh legs and tired defenders etc. Fine if we believe there are no long term problems with Dom and that is the role he'll be fulfilling here too.

Sounds to me a bit like Kev is having a bit of a ring round while waiting for a call from Chelsea. Enquiring how much Gyokeres would cost, or whether Guirassy is available on loan. Good things to know as a backup plan but I still think both have to be in plan B territory at best.

I think McNeil is the Richarlison replacement. We arent looking to replace like for like, considering we just survived relegation. I think the approach Lampard is taking is much more reasonable, shore up the core of the squad, make us very hard to score against, a midfield to control the game, and enough attacking to get some wins. If all goes well next season you can bring in the flashy attackers.

We brought in two CBs and 2 CM/DMs to solidify the defense, are getting a backup striker for DCL so we dont have to play Rondon, and McNeil replaces Richarlison by being not as good of a wide player but solid defensively and good at playing more inside, which Lampard wants. The sale of Richy always meant are attack was going to be weaker, but it funded an 80% replacement and then improving 5 other positions.
I'm not sure that's a great plan personally. There is a chronic lack of goals and creativity in this side, it needs addressing or we'll be in trouble again. The defence has - theoretically at least - improved, and if we bring in Gana then the midfield definitely has (although i'm not sure it's necessarily going to control games), but we're taking a big chance on players producing attacking numbers some way beyond what they ever have before if we're going to score enough goals to be comfortable.

Do you think a team like Coventry would accept such a small upfront fee though? With pandemic losses etc
I think for smaller run clubs like that maybe knowing there's guaranteed payments of £4m or whatever coming in every year for 2 or 3 years might be better for their finances than just one up front payment that would naturally be less in total, that'd be just my point of view on it though.

I'd rather not rely on us signing players from Coventry City to stop us from getting relegated. Any striker we bring in simply has to have the goals in him to keep us up, because without a decent new striker we absolutely will not get the goals needed to get close to 40 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.