2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing is, yet again, it's 'you' that compares different eras, not me- and the idea that every player from the 60s/70s was better than those who ply their trade at the same level over 50 years later (when the game is so much faster than it even was 20 years ago, never mind 50) is well, bizarre. But i'll correct you (again) when you do...and yesterdays 'spat' (your words) came in a Dave Watson 'tribute' thread....but it was a Derek Mountfield tribute thread, i wouldn't have mentioned Watson, just like in a, say, Adrian Heath thread, I wouldn't claim Andy Gray was better (or vice-versa).
Eras can be compared in many ways - the type of ball - the pitches - etc, etc some top teams their stars would struggle like playing at the old baseball ground lol

His kicking was absolutely atrocious Saturday.

Honestly the long balls that lead to breaks are so pretty but also so low percentage he probably needs to pack it in. But he believes he's a God at them and seems like no one wants to tell him 1 for 75 isn't actually any good even if the 1 is the pass of the season.

His kicking was absolutely atrocious Saturday.

Honestly the long balls that lead to breaks are so pretty but also so low percentage he probably needs to pack it in. But he believes he's a God at them and seems like no one wants to tell him 1 for 75 isn't actually any good even if the 1 is the pass of the season.
Sell

His positioning when Mina looked for the backpass when he broke his toenail was appalling. That's why Mina had to turn back the other way. And before anyone says it. No I'm not blaming him for chalk bones injury. Also the one he pushed straight back out to Sterling. Really. I think he's a good reaction keeper, but some of his basic stuff leaves a lot to be desired.

His positioning when Mina looked for the backpass when he broke his toenail was appalling. That's why Mina had to turn back the other way. And before anyone says it. No I'm not blaming him for chalk bones injury. Also the one he pushed straight back out to Sterling. Really. I think he's a good reaction keeper, but some of his basic stuff leaves a lot to be desired.
Hang on, your blaming Pickford for Mina being made of a mixture of paper mashe and Balsa wood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.