2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen keepers at the blues since Gordon West plus Big Nev who were fantastic Keepers - he reminds me of David Lawson or Tim Howard who all had no positional sense plus never controlled their box e.g. good shot stoppers .....
He was around the penalty spot when Godfrey overhit his back pass, where do you want him to be on the goal line? Gordon West could barely kick a ball so was more likely to be standing nearer his goal line, not on the edge of the box like a modern keeper- like Pickford did.

He was around the penalty spot when Godfrey overhit his back pass, where do you want him to be on the goal line? Gordon West could barely kick a ball so was more likely to be standing nearer his goal line, not on the edge of the box like a modern keeper- like Pickford did.
Westy damaged his thigh - he could throw the ball accurately to Moggsy on the half way line, not hoof it into the Bullen's road like Pickford - no comparison Westy was pure class controlled his box ..... Pickford is not fit to be classed anywhere near him ....

Plus why was he around the penalty spot? Lack of positional sense ?

Westy damaged his thigh - he could throw the ball accurately to Moggsy on the half way line, not hoof it into the Bullen's road like Pickford - no comparison Westy was pure class controlled his box ..... Pickford is not fit to be classed anywhere near him ....
What a damaged thigh for about 6 years? The keeper's role involves using feet a lot more nowadays. Tell me, where you think Pickford should have stood? Pickford will be classed in the same bracket as West by people who know that football didn't peak in the 1960s (like me).

Where do you want him to be? I think you need to get out of your "1960s mindset" to be honest.
Look I know you like insulting poster like @Alanbileysfeathercut like yesterday's spat but just sat we have a difference of opinion - I have watched the blues since 1962 ... aged 6 years old - so please agree to differ - you lost your case when you mentioned Gordon West OK

Look I know you like insulting poster like @Alanbileysfeathercut like yesterday's spat but just sat we have a difference of opinion - I have watched the blues since 1962 ... aged 6 years old - so please agree to differ - you lost your case when you mentioned Gordon West OK
Why are trying to copy someone in? Can't debate for yourself now? I know we're having a difference of opinion, that's why i'm answering your ridiculous bias. You lost your case when you said Pickford shouldn't play for England, when he's been mostly excellent for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.