2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a hunch this would pique your agenda again mate. Have a night off will ya.

Any suggestion that the freak injury to Godfrey this evening is avoidable through a better fitness regime is utterly laughable.

Not tonight but since Godfrey arrived he's had a few injuries that point to a lack of proper conditioning.

The main one pulling up in a pre match warm up with a muscle injury - when do you ever see that happen at the top clubs like RS, City, Chelsea?

We have amateurs running that department.

Not tonight but since Godfrey arrived he's had a few injuries that point to a lack of proper conditioning.

The main one pulling up in a pre match warm up with a muscle injury - when do you ever see that happen at the top clubs like RS, City, Chelsea?

A broken leg in a tackle is nothing to do with conditioning. Its a freak accident but can unfortunately happen in football.

Hence in my post "not tonight" lol

But for example last season Godfrey and VDB both had pre match warm up muscle injuries.

That points to something not being done right.

'Not tonight' then, but you still jumped on this unfortunate incident to labour your well worn point.

This was a freak. So was DCL's latest. You're suggesting a team of professional trainers is serially negligent. I bet they're hanging on your every word mate...

32C9A4EB-106F-4175-8D82-3282EC644B75.jpeg

Just wonder why this injury curse shows no signs of slowing down, Godfrey 3 months out after 8 minutes of the season. Of course Yerry picks up his customary big injury in the second half of his first game and even before that DCL out for six weeks in last game of pre season. Unbelievable.

Part of him must be thinking if I didn’t make such a horrendous back pass I would be fine right now

That could mentally eat away at some players knowing that their own mistake led to their own misfortune

Normally when you make a mistake on the pitch I.e score an own goal or make a terrible decision which leads to a goal you can at least try and brush it off and move onto the next match to try and make amends. Here he has to wait at least 3 months and even then he ain’t guaranteed to start if his replacement fares well.

Status
Not open for further replies.